Thermal scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
    If money is no object, there is stuff out there that puts trijicon to shame.

Best advice I have is rent a couple and try them out. I personally like to use a thermal for spotting because I drive around on big acreage at night until I find a sounder and then figure out the best way to get closer to them for a shot. So it makes sense for me to have a thermal with a bit of native zoom to it.
    Just curious to what puts Trijicon to shame that a normal civilian can purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
      Just curious to what puts Trijicon to shame that a normal civilian can purchase?
      Interested in this info as well.

Comment

I would like to know as well. My nephew is 11b and says my XP50 is better than what they have. I am sure the team guys have some awesome stuff but that is not the norm. Now if you are talking aircraft, or other larger equipment that is mounted, different story.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
          Hit up Jason on here. (Outdoor legacy gear) . I would not buy from a big box or online because it will be hard to get any support if you ever have any issues.

Like others have said. Trijicon for the highest quality without a budget. Pulsar trail for quality at a reasonable price.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com
          Best advise you will get out of this whole thread ^^^^^^^

Comment

I owned a trijicon ir hunter mk2 35mm and now use a pulsar trail xp50. I prefer the pulsar and like the image in the pulsar better plus all the extra features you get

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out accufire. They are new. A buddy of mine runs it. so they puy me on the prostaff team and i was able to work with them on the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWidowMaker View Post
                I owned a trijicon ir hunter mk2 35mm and now use a pulsar trail xp50. I prefer the pulsar and like the image in the pulsar better plus all the extra features you get

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                Now sure how you can say Pulsar has a better image and it has less zoom.

Comment

LMAO. I would love to hear this also

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    lol Im still waiting....

Comment

Originally posted by Mac D View Post
                      Check out accufire. They are new. A buddy of mine runs it. so they puy me on the prostaff team and i was able to work with them on the final product.
                      Night Vision vs. Thermal... Night vision doesnt hold a candle to thermal.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Maybe he is talking about the EOTECH LWTS? Only thing I can think of, but they are $14k.

But to say something puts the Trijicon to shame, has not really ever hunted with a trijicon muchless a thermal. There is no hunting thermal under 10K that is better picture quality than a Reap or MkII or III.
                        Last edited by txhunter90; 12-06-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Right now even a low end thermal sight is way out of my budget. In time do you think they will become more affordable?

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
                            Right now even a low end thermal sight is way out of my budget. In time do you think they will become more affordable?
                            They are starting to get down big time. Starting $1500-$2000 for entry level thermals.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                              Maybe he is talking about the EOTECH LWTS? Only thing I can think of, but they are $14k.

But to say something puts the Trijicon to shame, has not really ever hunted with a trijicon muchless a thermal. There is no hunting thermal under 10K that is better picture quality than a Reap or MkII or III.
                              I’ve used a LWTS and the reap is still better in my opinion

Comment

I’ve used a LWTS and the reap is still better in my opinion
                                I have to agree with this. Generally speaking, a clip-on whose image has to go through all of glass in the day optic to get to your eyes is going to give a picture that is not as good as a standalone optic with a similar quality ocular display.

I have used the cnvd-t, lwts, T70, snipe ir and they generally don't give as good an image as a Mark 3 or a reap.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X