Fast Eddie set up question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dialed in at 20. Finally got to shoot out to 60 yesterday and was hitting 6 inches pretty consistently so I feel good about it. But. I'm beyond the limits of the set up tape on the site.
    Now I understand I can just mark my yardage on a piece of white tape and be done but I'm surprised my bow isn't shooting in the set up tape range.
    Shooting FMJ 340. 125 grain tip. Bow tech General set at approximately 62 pounds.

What number is it on at 20 yds?
    If you can't work it up at 60 yds, due to the tape not being long enough, use the instructions and math to work it up at 40 yds.

My Bowtech Carbon icon at 62 with 100 gr. tip easily had enough space on the tape. But I am using 400 spine arrows.

Comment

I shot some 400's just to rule that out but there was no noticeable difference.
      20 yd mark
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453044836.779816.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	24425133
      60 yd mark
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453044870.892049.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	24425134

Comment

How does this sight compare to the HHA with the dial? Anyone know? Purchasing one soon, curious if one is better than the other.

Comment

Something doesn't look right. I helped a friend set one up a couple of months ago, but I don't have instructions. He isn't available. They have videos on the web site, but not for the fast eddie. Seems like his calibration tape was numbered. My hha tape is.

Comment

What speed are you shooting? Seems like that calibration tape is set up for a faster shooting bow.

Have you cross referenced that tape to a tape from another program like on target 2?

Comment

No cross reference and I'm not sure how fast I'm shooting. Fast enough to kill. That I'm sure of. [emoji3]
              I may just mark my distances and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                No cross reference and I'm not sure how fast I'm shooting. Fast enough to kill. That I'm sure of. [emoji3]
                Without knowing the speed of your bow, it will be easier to make your own marks and get on with the killing!

Comment

I have the HHA king pin and no way can I get the sight to 100 yards, I shoot good with it ( for me) but cant use the factory tape either. I just paint the wheel white and use pencil to mark my yardage , works great so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                    When you get a chance call me. We can set up a tape for you using TAP here at the house. It looks like the Spot Hogg calibration scale is too fast for your bow, my old bow was the same way.

I can print out several tapes as well. I will out of pocket today but we can maybe get it done next weekend; I usually work sunrise to well after dark (this time of year anyway).

5Juan2-5 too five-7to nine 9

Comment

Good copy Rat. I'll hit you up this week.
                      Thanks!

Comment

I wondered about this when I set mine up. I have not quite completed the setup on mine but I will be somewhere in the middle of the calibration tape and I am shooting a fairly fast bow (343 IBO) it seems the tapes are set up too fast to me.

Comment

"Could" have to do with peep sight height from nock. "Could"

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            "Could" have to do with peep sight height from nock. "Could"

Please elaborate. Curious to know how it would change things.
                            Last edited by Stoof; 01-17-2016, 08:07 PM.

Comment

If peep is higher than normal range the pin gap can spread, due to distance that arrow and line of sight impact ( usually seen when people anchor arrow nock near chin)

Comment

Working...
                              X