No announcement yet.

Sedated for dentist appt..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I waited 20 years but I finally made my self go. I'm now going two times a year. I still don't like it.

Comment

I did sedation for a procedure a few years ago...that was great...I even use the gas when I get my teeth cleaned...

Comment

Toughen up man. My current dentist has never used anything to deaden my teeth. Just grind away and get it done. I hate that numb feeling.

Comment

I am always amazed at how much fear exists about dental procedures. Most of it seems to stem from a bad experience early in life. There really is no excuse for you to experience pain during dental work. Most of the problem is self induced anxiety which will be gone once you find a dentist you trust.Once you establish that trust with a good dentist a lot of the fear will fade. Halcion is a very common route for oral sedation and it works well. Nitrous will also take the edge off. With any sedation there is always an increased risk. Make sure your dentist is up to date with oral sedation monitoring. I wish i could help every one of you get over that fear and make it easier to get routine work done. I am worried about a lot of things i see coming out of corporate dental clinics. Always seek a second opinion if you have any question about the treatment prescribed for you.
          Hope it gets easier for all of you.

Comment

Man get your choppers fixed. It really isn't a big deal any more. They can numb you, sedate you or whatever you need to get it done. You have to take care of your teeth. Don't wanna be gumming a pork chop when you're older.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
              I am always amazed at how much fear exists about dental procedures. Most of it seems to stem from a bad experience early in life. There really is no excuse for you to experience pain during dental work. Most of the problem is self induced anxiety which will be gone once you find a dentist you trust.Once you establish that trust with a good dentist a lot of the fear will fade. Halcion is a very common route for oral sedation and it works well. Nitrous will also take the edge off. With any sedation there is always an increased risk. Make sure your dentist is up to date with oral sedation monitoring. I wish i could help every one of you get over that fear and make it easier to get routine work done. I am worried about a lot of things i see coming out of corporate dental clinics. Always seek a second opinion if you have any question about the treatment prescribed for you.
              Hope it gets easier for all of you.
              Between my last dentist and flying experience.... it’d would take a super hot assistant just to get me prepped lol, but ya I’d prolly break the arm rest once things started to pop off! Lol

Comment

My only issue with dentists is they are so dang expensive. Bad teeth run in my family, my parents both had dentures in their 40's and so does my brother. I went last year and was told $14k to fix my teeth because I really don't want false teeth. But who can afford that? Not me that's for sure.

Like others I had a bad experience as a kid. He kept insisting I was just hearing the noise and getting scared and not feeling pain. I refused to go for a year or two but then went back because I hate my bad teeth. I go twice a year for cleanings I just can't afford the major work they want to do.

Good luck drop dead fred, hope you get fixed up!

Comment

I was the same, I went to get a lot of teeth worked on. They sedated and when I woke up I told my wife If this is how drugs feel I'm in trouble!!! Everybody was laughing.

Comment

I have the WORST gag reflex So its a very bad deal for me I have to have a tooth pulled next week Its a tooth that has a root canal with a crown but its loose and hurting like heck .. I want to be out for it to be honesty .

But I will most likely not and have to suck it up butter cup .

Comment

I had a back molar pulled 2 weeks ago with the local anesthetics. Wasn't near as bad as i thought it would be. Next day I was mowing the yard and cleaning the chicken coop. Just get it pulled you'll feel better the next day. No more constant ache and headaches. If you get anxiety then get the gas too, it chilled me out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a tooth that is cracked below the gum line.

I need to find a dentist/oral surgeon that will pull it, insert a post and do a crown.

Who ever I go to needs to offer sedated dentistry and do one day pulling/post insertion.

Comment

I need some work done too. I know several who have gone to Mexico to get it done. Anyone have a recommendation for an old Mex sedation dentist?[emoji3]

pray for rain

Comment

During my SWT days, I had my wisdom teeth chiseled out of my jaw twice with nothing but a local anesthetic. Bad part was when my eyes were open, I could see everything being done via the reflection in his googles. But $500 is still $500. San Antonio had a some cases of people dying in the dentist chair from being knocked out. No thanks. What's the best practice regarding sedation dentistry, who is in charge of making sure I am still breathing? That's the question I would ask.

Comment

They have head phones to wear, put some tunes on and they do my cleaning every 6 months have not had a cavity or problem in 10 years. Before that would not step in a dental office.
                              Was a sugar eater as a kid, pulled more than fixed

Comment

Bunchawimps.

p.s. Ihatetogotothedentisttoo!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X