TBH Cycling Thread - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Cycling Thread - 2018

Since 2015 or so we have had an annual TBH Cycling Thread. Over that time I have been surprised to see how many cyclists are on this site. We've got road bikers, mountain bikers and even a very avid uni-cyclist! (Hi Legdog!) I'm getting a late start this year - I just got my bike off the wall and took it to the shop for a tune-up. I have tried hard since the first of the year to get my legs in shape on the spin bike and with weights. Do you have any special goals or out-of-state rides planned? I will probably do my normal 4 rides per week and 5-6 charity rides through the summer. If I can get in good enough climbing shape I want to try the Davis Mountain Scenic Loop in the Fall. (that would be quite an accomplishment for me)

For those new to this thread, we have a TBH group on Strava you need to join.

wow I just got my bike [hybrid] tuned and took it out for a ride today I haven't been on this bike in awhile due to injuries, but I need the exercise I went for a 9 mile ride,was looking for an app to monitor distance time and such.

Comment

Got my back almost fixed so I have been itching to get back on the mtn bike. now I just need it to dry up a bit. Still a newbie and just ride the local trail but hoping to broaden my riding experiences in the coming months

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
        wow I just got my bike [hybrid] tuned and took it out for a ride today I haven't been on this bike in awhile due to injuries, but I need the exercise I went for a 9 mile ride,was looking for an app to monitor distance time and such.

Check out the Strava app - the free version is all you need

Comment

Y’all make sure Jerp rides way in the back.

Comment

I'm in, been a couple months since i've touched my bike but long past due on needing to get the wheels going again!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Y’all make sure Jerp rides way in the back.
              Wow. You crash one time into a barbed wire fence and you never hear the end of it!

Comment

I am cycling over here right now. I will be doing triathlons again when I get home, as well as mountain bike and road racing. I have lost 13 pounds already.

Comment

I'll be spending time on dirt this year. Maybe some endurance events but mostly trails and fun stuff.

Comment

Dug my specialized epic out of mothballs last week and tuned it up. first 9 mile ride in almost 4 years whooped me pretty good but it sure felt great. looking forward to getting back to 2 or 3 times a week on the trails.

Comment

I gotta get serious again, been too long

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        Check out the Strava app - the free version is all you need
                        Is that for android or apple?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Paris-Roubaix 2018 Gopro footage.

After an epic race win for Bora-Hansgrohe’s World Champion Peter Sagan, these are onboard highlights from another superb edition of Paris-Roubaix. Sagan just...

RIP to the promising young Belgian, Michael Goolaerts.
                          He was 22 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                            Paris-Roubaix 2018 Gopro footage.

After an epic race win for Bora-Hansgrohe’s World Champion Peter Sagan, these are onboard highlights from another superb edition of Paris-Roubaix. Sagan just...

RIP to the promising young Belgian, Michael Goolaerts.
                            He was 22 years old.
                            Cool thread Jerp, also crazy the young man died of cardiac arrest, can a healthy person die from going too hard or was there likely something else that caused this?

Comment

Went out a few weeks ago on my Madone. 27 miles felt good. Ready for longer ride. Anyone near Fort Worth?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X