No announcement yet.

Drawn Hunts Killing Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been putting in on draw hunts for 8 yrs now and never been drawn. I'm with you I think I'll spend my money else where

Comment

Texas does not use the preference points it’s a luck of the draw.

Comment

Well I should have more time in my 50's to hunt. I put in every year cause if you don't play you can't win...

Comment

Guy I work with drew mule deer tags 2 years in a row.
          I got drawn a couple times many years ago. Nothing this year or last.

Comment

I wouldn’t put in for them anymore if I were you it will give the rest of us who never get drawn better odds

All joking aside, been putting in for a lot of years and have way too many preference points to not have been drawn. Never been drawn for a single one, but my brother has been drawn for several very desirable places so who knows what or how I even works. By far the worst draw hunt system of all the states.

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
              I would REALLY like to believe this but I know some guys who get drawn every year.. Nobody is that lucky.....

Comment

I'm not an expert so I could be misinterpreting but next to each category that I have applied for it shows how many points I have. I put my daughter in the youth draws this year also and it now shows her to have points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Heres a screen shot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a lot cheaper when you could only apply for one WMA in each hunt category and was a $2 fee.

Comment

Two years??? Oh no?? Lmao...

People have put in for way more than that and have struck out. I’m 6 years in with zero draws. My daughter is 3 for 3. You donated $600 to the tpwd so be happy about that

Comment

I put in for quite a few years with no draws aside from a doe tag for the Sam Houston forest. Finally drew this year on a hunt I've never applied for previously. I look at it as a donation to TPWD with the off chance it'll pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
                          They absolutely have points

Comment

I put in for 7 states out west and spend around $1500 a year. I am at the point now where I can draw a really quality tag each year.

That said I don’t apply here in Texas except for sheep and the grand slam. The draw odds suck and the hunts aren’t that great unless you draw a premium hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                              Two years??? Oh no?? Lmao...

People have put in for way more than that and have struck out. I’m 6 years in with zero draws. My daughter is 3 for 3. You donated $600 to the tpwd so be happy about that
                              Six years with zero draws? No thanks, I’ll just pay for hunts out right if that’s the going average.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                                That said I don’t apply here in Texas except for sheep and the grand slam. The draw odds suck and the hunts aren’t that great unless you draw a premium hunt.

That’s my thought process as well, thinking I’ll start going for drawn hunts out of state with better drawn systems and odds.

Comment

Working...
                                X