Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Things are shaping up good here in East tx. Last year, I feared Dad was on his last hunt. Im pleased to say that by the Grace of God, he is doing better than in many years. We passed a bunch of mature deer last year and they are blooming like roses this year!

We have a few targets designated already. I cant wait to sit with him when he whacks another East Tx pressured buck!
    Thats great news!

Comment

Great news indeed on your dad.

If E Tx. is anything like here in La. we have had the best summer in memory. Rains have been consistent and abundant. I haven't had to water my garden a single time.PLus the temps have been relatively mild for the deep south which puts a lot less stress on everything...including me.

All age classes of deer here seem to be better than last yr. Hope you see the same.

Comment

Things are shaping up good here in East tx. Last year, I feared Dad was on his last hunt. Im pleased to say that by the Grace of God, he is doing better than in many years. We passed a bunch of mature deer last year and they are blooming like roses this year!

We have a few targets designated already. I cant wait to sit with him when he whacks another East Tx pressured buck!
        I hope you're dad has many years left to strike fear in the hearts of those wily ol' east TX swamp donkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
          Great news indeed on your dad.

If E Tx. is anything like here in La. we have had the best summer in memory. Rains have been consistent and abundant. I haven't had to water my garden a single time.PLus the temps have been relatively mild for the deep south which puts a lot less stress on everything...including me.

All age classes of deer here seem to be better than last yr. Hope you see the same.
          Rusty, we let a bunch of 6 year olds go last year that were dead out shooters for this area. They wintered so good and had such a head start on this year that i really wanted to see what would happen. I suck for pictures right now but they are living in all that chicken manure flavored clover. a couple of them make me gulp.

We have another huge acorn crop which will make it a little harder but it will also buy another year for some of my younger studs since they wont be at my neighbors corn feeder. Even the nursing doe as fat as town dogs. This year could be epic..

Comment

Good news to hear! I hope yall kill some giants this year!

Comment

I'm glad to see a new post in this thread, and one that is upbeat. You know already, but the hunts with your dad are special to us too.

Mr Sid

Comment

That's great news! Ready to see him standing by the tailgate with another big'un

Comment

I can hardly wait to see pics of your dad with an east Texas stud I'll be living vicariously through everyone else here this year, bought a house and new vehicles and had to take a year off of the lease and focus the finances on paying stuff off. So don't let me down

Comment

Very happy to read this! Been wondering how y'all were doing. My deer in centerville are looking fat and happy as well (both of them! )

Comment

Greats news Steve! Can't wait, keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Very happy to read this! Been wondering how y'all were doing. My deer in centerville are looking fat and happy as well (both of them! )
                        LOL! Both of them... Anyway, I enjoy sharing with dad and its neat that some folks understand what I doing and what it means to me. I owe him more than I can ever repay but Im working on it. I enjoy our hunts at least as much as he does.

Comment

I think Im going to post more of our hunts this year. the last couple years,, i havent posted many because they are too special to me for all the bull crap. This year if folks dont like it..they can......
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think Im going to post more of our hunts this year. the last couple years,, i havent posted many because they are too special to me for all the bull crap. This year if folks dont like it..they can......

Comment

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

What the heck is there not to like?! Some times you just have to ignore some people.

You have no idea what I would give to go on another hunting or fishing trip with my Dad or my brother.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I enjoy reading your stories. They are a learning tool for me. I overthink everything about hunting and make it harder on myself. Your stories remind me to keep it simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X