Sometimes I just gotta shake my head..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Saw this name , La-a , had to ask. Well it’s pronounced LaDasha “but da dash ain’t silent”. ... alrighty then lol
    what was her last name Brandon?

(please, please, please make it a good one )

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
      what was her last name Brandon?

(please, please, please make it a good one )
      Never got that far

Comment

Never got that far

Ladasha Space .....

so many possibilities....lol

Comment

We got a local man who's name is Bud, he named his son Wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
            Where was this? My aunt had two kids in her class several years ago with the same names.

Baby Dr buddy of my dad’s delivered one once, first name Nosmo-king.
            beaumont

Comment

Saw this name , La-a , had to ask. Well it’s pronounced LaDasha “but da dash ain’t silent”. ... alrighty then lol
              Man, that was floating around in 1993. Do you also know a nurse who was confused by the baby name fa-mal-ea? or Female?

Comment

My boys went to school with a kid named ****head

Pronounced Shi-thead.....

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                  Man, that was floating around in 1993. Do you also know a nurse who was confused by the baby name fa-mal-ea? or Female?
                  No but do know of a woman who named her ForeeTwenty

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                    dealt with a couple of kids a few years back when i was still and active leo

twin brothers lemonjello and orangejello,,,,, go figure.... they had been well taught how to miss pronounce their names,,, momma did not like the police calling them as they were spelled,,,, i actually got complained on because i told her if she had wanted them miss pronounced why didn't she spell them that way she said them,,,,,, capt thought it was funny,,,, too
                    That just tells me that you were LEO in or around hearne Texas where those brothers are from

Comment

This is why women on drugs should not be allowed to name their children

Comment

I know of a woman who named her son Uteris. She pronounced it “you terrace”

Comment

Saw a kid in the birthday section of a newspaper. Her name was Butifly Unik, I guess it was pronounced beautiful unique?

Comment

Sometimes I just gotta shake my head..

A couple years ago, a 12 yo girl from New Zealand sued her parents after they wouldn’t change her name. Tahula Does the Hula was her first name. She won.

Edit: she was 9 and the parents actually lost custody.
                            A nine-year-old girl whose parents named her Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii was put into court guardianship in New Zealand so that her name could be changed
                            Last edited by Blood Trail; 06-04-2018, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              That just tells me that you were LEO in or around hearne Texas where those brothers are from

not even very close,,,, Beaumont is home to a lot of " original names" especially in certain parts of town.... far as I know they did move from somewhere to Beaumont back in the early to mid 90's,,they were teenagers then,,, but I see in this thread we were not the only place were some parents hated their children
                              Last edited by xman59; 06-04-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                                dealt with a couple of kids a few years back when i was still and active leo

twin brothers lemonjello and orangejello,,,,, go figure.... they had been well taught how to miss pronounce their names,,, momma did not like the police calling them as they were spelled,,,, i actually got complained on because i told her if she had wanted them miss pronounced why didn't she spell them that way she said them,,,,,, capt thought it was funny,,,, too
                                That is wild, because I was going to use that as my unique name example. When we lived in Alabama in 1993 we knew a lady who named her kids that, after her two favorite Jello flavors.

Comment

Working...
                                X