SHNF 17-18 ( the real deal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
    So random question, when would be a good time to hit the forest to scout out spots for next season? I was thinking of heading out this weekend but wasn't sure if it was too early.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    Never too early to hit woods for next season, things change and if you see what is going on early, mid and just before. This will help with hunts. I've put out trail cams already

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
      Ok hope everyone had a great sage year. I've been traveling about hunting and haven't looked here. I see many got their undies in knot over my hunts. Let me clear up things since people read into things their way. Of those pic i posted of my deer, only one from Sam this year....the other one was from Sam the previous year (this was to show and hope to inspire not to give up-as people were post bad outings...change up game plan and things work out) with way weather had been it was ruff, but never quit. In that pic of me and deer without orange on, they should look at lower left at base of tree (see orange on ground! Btw HE was one who took that pic for me), and yes orange has to be worn during hunting season as squirrel season in....i do. The GW and talk about how it was long ago when that wasnt case in archery (so that stuck in my mind). My third deer wasn't in the Sam (never claimed to take them all in Sam), posted them here as reminder that good hunting can still be had, even way weather has been and no one having luck (posted was meant to be a encouraging). Now here is a pic of my last two hunt of season.... I'm already scouting for next season-i do this year round at times via trail cameras and getting out in woods scouting. I don't wait until right before season to do..shed hunt, moving stands and see what made it. So don't assume.....
      I travel when I hunt each year and not just hunt the Sam alone. Maybe people who assume I took 3 in Sam, that is only place they go? 1deer Sam, surrounding walker/Montgomery county 2deer
      So guess they assume I took my last few in Sam....
      Next season have plans New Mexico, Arizona, Arkansas, Texas and final Illinois

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Good to hear. Sometimes it hard to tell what people are trying to say online.
      When you post a deer on here, most people will assume you shot it in the SHNF, since that's what this thread is about.
      I think most were going by what you posted.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the good year Tiberius. It can be difficult to interpret from the internet. If you get a chance to meet these guys you should. Most of them are good people.

Comment

Pretty new to the area and new to this site. Family and I moved to Magnolia a little over a year ago and I am hunting SHNF for the first time this year. First year public hunting at all actually. I do most of my hunting on my family's private property in Mississippi. Looking forward to BS'ing with you guys and seeing what SHNF has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by fmlyoutdoorsman View Post
            Pretty new to the area and new to this site. Family and I moved to Magnolia a little over a year ago and I am hunting SHNF for the first time this year. First year public hunting at all actually. I do most of my hunting on my family's private property in Mississippi. Looking forward to BS'ing with you guys and seeing what SHNF has to offer.
            BS'n is our FORTE!

Daniel is first class. I don't think anyone is more full than him.

Welcome. You should try and make one of the meet and greets. Make some friends.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
              BS'n is our FORTE!

Daniel is first class. I don't think anyone is more full than him.

Welcome. You should try and make one of the meet and greets. Make some friends.

You cut me deep with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                You cut me deep with that one.
                It's all in love. Good luck this weekend.

Comment

It's all in love. Good luck this weekend.

I know lol. Thanks. I might throw a picture or two out while I am there.

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for when the meet and greet is. Hope its not one of those "meet us on the 18th green at dark" pranks.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                      I know lol. Thanks. I might throw a picture or two out while I am there.
                      Do it. I've never been. I have to live through you this weekend. Make em good pics! No picking your nose picks......

Comment

Originally posted by fmlyoutdoorsman View Post
                        I'll keep an eye out for when the meet and greet is. Hope its not one of those "meet us on the 18th green at dark" pranks.
                        Nah, but that does give me a thought....

Lol

Want to get to know the guys on here, come to a GTG. All good people. I'd trust all of them.

Comment

Nah, but that does give me a thought....

Lol

Want to get to know the guys on here, come to a GTG. All good people. I'd trust all of them.

I'm waiting for the next get together, this past season I had to pass cause I got sick

Comment

I'm waiting for the next get together, this past season I had to pass cause I got sick

Well there's always room for another. We've talked for years about having a spring bash. Camp out and chase fish and pigs.

Just need someone to put it together....hint....hint....

Comment

Well there's always room for another. We've talked for years about having a spring bash. Camp out and chase fish and pigs.

Just need someone to put it together....hint....hint....

Sounds good to me, if we have a few meet up I might just have an area in mind where the pigs like to cruise.

Comment

Sounds good to me, if we have a few meet up I might just have an area in mind where the pigs like to cruise.

I do an annual hunt called the
                                Granger Ranger Xtreme Hunt.
                                Or GRXH for short.
                                The rules are no food after noon on Friday. If you want to eat you have to catch it or kill it.
                                Usually there are between 50-80 guys. Not all of them hunt, but they ALL drink....alot.

They talk some serious BS and generally have a good time.

You have to have some thick skin to hang with them.
                                But it's near Austin.

I would love to have one here, but the hogs are much harder to hunt here ( just not as many or reliable) but there is fishing.
                                The GRXH is the last weekend of Feb. ( Coming up, and yes, I'll be there)
                                I always thought about having it in either March or April. Weather should be good, fish would be more available then. Even if the hogs wouldn't cooperate at least we might catch some fish and not starve.

Just something to think about. We could have one heck of a shin dig, really get to know each other and make new friends and memories to last a lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                X