No announcement yet.

Floating Duck Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about a slight roof to give you some cover if you have ducks circle?

Comment

I just hope that's not your duck dog pictured 😂

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
        Next cut a small cut out of the wire mesh like a dog door with a ramp out of the front. You can bungee it up where your dog can peek out from under and it keeps them in the blind with you.
        Can't wait to see them brushed in and in use. Great project and good luck hunting.
        Y'all coming to the BCSRC test this fall?
        We are going to cut a small hole in the wire mesh so the dog can exit the blind through that hole but he will come back up on the platform you can see pictured.

And as long as we can get our dogs signed up for master we will be there!

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
          How about a slight roof to give you some cover if you have ducks circle?
          I thought about doing that with the next one. I'm gonna start on it the end of this week and try and finish it by Sunday so I will keep everyone posted!

Comment

We made a couple like that and then started making them much lower profile and driving the boat into them and hunting out of the boat. Had braces under water w pvc pipe for rollers and just drove the boat in and slid it out Used ratchet straps to tighten the boat down to the blind to keep rocking to a minimum. Made one with a bench seat and the boat was the floor. Others just sat in the boat. Didn't need a boat hide and was real low profile Worked pretty well for us. Easy to move as well w the boat driven in it.

Comment

That turned out great!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                We made a couple like that and then started making them much lower profile and driving the boat into them and hunting out of the boat. Had braces under water w pvc pipe for rollers and just drove the boat in and slid it out Used ratchet straps to tighten the boat down to the blind to keep rocking to a minimum. Made one with a bench seat and the boat was the floor. Others just sat in the boat. Didn't need a boat hide and was real low profile Worked pretty well for us. Easy to move as well w the boat driven in it.
                We don't have any reason to make these blinds low profile. We are hiding them in reeds that stick up 6 ft above the water.

As for hiding the boat, we park the boat several hundred yards away and kayak in. We can slide the kayak right underneath this blind. I have thought about building one that is 16 ft and has a separate boat slip behind the actual blind. The only downside to a blind that big is brushing it and then keeping it brushed up well throughout the season. It probably isn't going to happen this year but maybe next!

Comment

Following. looks good man!

Comment

Cool build. One suggestion, you should take about 20 feet of some surgical tubing and and attach that to the blind so that you can have some motion in the spread. We built one like this a while back and, we also put a solar panel on it and wired a MOJO about head high, left it running all season thanks to the good lord and some of his solar energy, just make sure that the MOJO is well cared for cause those motors ain't what they used to be

Comment

Originally posted by ANSCAG View Post
                      I just hope that's not your duck dog pictured

That JRT would put a lot of people's labs to shame....

Comment

Originally posted by ANSCAG View Post
                        I just hope that's not your duck dog pictured 😂
                        Duck and goose dog!

Comment

Legit blind! Fyi beavers will chew into floats. We've had them hollow out floats in a dock before but yours is much easier to replace than our was.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhageman View Post
                            Legit blind! Fyi beavers will chew into floats. We've had them hollow out floats in a dock before but yours is much easier to replace than our was.
                            Good thing we don't have beavers where this blind is! We do have plenty of otters and nutria rats though but I don't think they will be a problem. I'm more worried about a big old cottonmouth trying to make it his home..

Comment

Want to resurrect this thread. What size tubing did you use for frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^ I'd also like to know .

Comment

Working...
                                X