Senate Dems deliver stunning warning to SCOTUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senate Dems deliver stunning warning to SCOTUS

Senate Dems deliver stunning warning to Supreme Court: ‘Heal’ or face restructuring

Several high-profile Senate Democrats warned the Supreme Court in pointed terms this week that it could face a fundamental restructuring if justices do not take steps to "heal" the court in the near future.

The ominous and unusual warning was delivered as part of a brief filed Monday in a case related to a New York City gun law. Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., referenced rulings by the court's conservative majority in claiming it is suffering from some sort of affliction which must be remedied.
    While this has a very slim chance of moving forward today, the thought that they are discussing it is scary. These senators need to be put on notice!

I've heard some dem pundits say the next time a dem has the WH and Senate they could add a few spots to the court in order to get rid of the conservative slant

Comment

History repeating itself - remember FDR's "court packing" scheme? In the late 1930's his increasingly radical New Deal programs (especially parts of the National Recovery Act) kept getting swatted down by the Supreme Court. His remedy? How about appointing up to six extra justices? Thankfully it had little support outside the extreme left wing and was never even voted on by congress.

Comment

I hope Trump gets his second term and then REALLY puts the screwing on the left. I want heads to explode. I want at least 1-2 more liberal SCOTUS replaced.

Since Trump would have nothing to lose I want welfare drastically reformed and a whole slew of other "don't touch, it's political suicide" items hammered out.

Comment

Heal thy self Deamonrat's...........

Comment

Since every week they're coming up with some asinine idea that they're going to do when the "get the power back", I guess Trump should drop a weekly bomb.
            This week they threaten to restructure SCOTUS so then Trump should say "okay. We're going to drop 2 liberal justices."
            Whatever idiotic 'plan' they come up with for that week, threaten the polar opposite.
            Maybe they'd shut up w/the moronic ideas. Probably not but maybe they'd slow down a bit.

Comment

Thank GOD Trump won and I'm praying he takes 2020..

The day the next Dem takes the Oval Office is the 1st day of the last days of this great nation as we know it... GOD help us...

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                Since every week they're coming up with some asinine idea that they're going to do when the "get the power back", I guess Trump should drop a weekly bomb.
                This week they threaten to restructure SCOTUS so then Trump should say "okay. We're going to drop 2 liberal justices."
                Whatever idiotic 'plan' they come up with for that week, threaten the polar opposite.
                Maybe they'd shut up w/the moronic ideas. Probably not but maybe they'd slow down a bit.
                They would immediately scream that Trump is anti-American and accuse him of every single thing they do every week LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  I hope Trump gets his second term and then REALLY puts the screwing on the left. I want heads to explode. I want at least 1-2 more liberal SCOTUS replaced.

Since Trump would have nothing to lose I want welfare drastically reformed and a whole slew of other "don't touch, it's political suicide" items hammered out.
                  i'm with you on this, but anything Trump gets singed into law about welfare reform can be undone with a democrat congress.

as far as the SCOTUS the dems will try to pack the court in their favor, so why not start packing it now with conservative judges; turn it around on their azzes and beat them over the head with it... just like they will do if given the chance.

Comment

Several words come to mind...

Threatened coup
                    Separation of powers
                    CO-equal branches of govt
                    Their threats should be taken literally... obstruction of Justice

Comment

Meh, let them do it so we can get this civil war over with already.... we already know who will win anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Should've known "Stolen Valor" **** blumenthal and yoko ono would be in that bunch. The democRats are the ones that are suffering from an "affliction". It's TDS.

Comment

How crazy do you have to be to threaten and attempt to extort votes from the supreme court for upholding the constitution?

These people are insane.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic'hunter View Post
                            Should've known "Stolen Valor" **** blumenthal and yoko ono would be in that bunch. The democRats are the ones that are suffering from an "affliction". It's TDS.
                            So the solution for “healing” a politicized SCOTUS is to add MORE judges appointed by politicians!

Man they truly are blind to the fact that THEY, Congress are THE problem. That’s goes for both the R’s & D’s.

I’m not even really sure what the left is upset about Gorsuch and Kavanaugh haven’t been super conservative

Comment

Alright Trump beat them to the punch and expand the Supreme court justices to 12 and add 3 more judges now. Liberal heads would explode.

Comment

Working...
                              X