Galaxy Ember and Manderin Black Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medina, Tx

Hit one last night and tonight...driving home but will post more in a bit. I used the ember.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stick_string; 02-02-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

So the black dot was last nights shot, laced her just under the skin. The red dot was tonight and I got about 4inches of penetration. So that does beg the question about poundage...but I think this is a shot placement challenge.

Comment

Galaxy Ember and Manderin Black Hunter

Both of those shot placements lead to unrecovered animals a large percentage of the time. The red dot is probably backstrap, and too high to be a vital hit. If it was backstrap, he’ll probably live too, unless he gets an infection.

High is almost always bad! As my good friend Chunky used to say: “I’d rather miss one low than hit one high!”

Sorry for your luck on this hunt. Better luck next time out!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Bisch; 02-03-2020, 06:57 AM.

Comment

That’s kinda what I figured. Thank you a lot.

Comment

X2 what Bisch said. Poundage would not have helped with those shot placements.

Low is always best. Even when you get under the spine... blood trails become a challenge.

I find that aiming low with a trad bow is hard to do mentaly. So it is easier said than done!

Hope you have a another crack at em down the road... an Awe-dad is at the top of my "want" list.

Comment

It’s at the top of mine also...we are still after em...

Comment

A buddy just got one of those black hunters to start with. Guess he got brainwashed with all the purdy picks of my tradbow over the years [emoji1787] for the money it certainly seems like a good deal! I thought wow that was $100? Shooot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just reached out to Twig Archery and they did an amazing job testing two sets of limbs for me so that I can shoot 51# to 53# at 26.5 inches...

I am very excited.

Comment

is there anywhere in texas that sells these bows or do ya have to online buys?

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
                      is there anywhere in texas that sells these bows or do ya have to online buys?

online only.

Comment

thanks

Comment

you can buy one on ebay for 100 bucks, I did, great longbow especially for the money.....i still have it but don't shoot it really but a **** good bow for a stupid price

Comment

Working...
                          X