Another 12ga cast slug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
    I got just the load for it. Effective on this hog during the H hog hunt in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I remember you telling me about those on the phone earlier this year before the H hunt. I have a smooth bore shotgun though so not sure how well those would fly.

Comment

Those still slugs loaded up and Range tested:

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
        I remember you telling me about those on the phone earlier this year before the H hunt. I have a smooth bore shotgun though so not sure how well those would fly.

They should do ok.

Comment

One of the guns you mentioned H&R slug gun is the most accurate slug gun I have shot. Haven't hunted in years with slugs but they do have their place for sure. Hit em hard and knock a big hole through them.

Comment

Can't believe you're using these again after how little damage they did to that pig last spring

Comment

Ha those bad boys are sweet. I've been wanting to give hunting with a slug gun a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                I have a fetish for slugs. I’d rather slug hunt that rifle hunt. Here’s a sample of my homemade slugs. Some have sub-MOA accuracy at 100 yards.

Holy crap. Those holes!! Haha.

Comment

Are those tight groups from smooth bores?

Comment

what choke is your H&r ? I have a 20 ga. in full choke and have been reluctant to shot slugs in fear the barrel will banana.

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
                      what choke is your H&r ? I have a 20 ga. in full choke and have been reluctant to shot slugs in fear the barrel will banana.
                      No choke. It’s a rifled barrel. Slugs are safe to shoot from a full choke. Foster (rifled) slugs are pure lead and will swage down stateting in the forcing cone. The only thing that will suffer is your accuracy.

Originally posted by Coon View Post
                      Are those tight groups from smooth bores?
                      Rifled barrels.

Comment

Working...
                      X