Time Change/Feed Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kjones05 View Post
    I’ve seen to struck some kind of nerve with the “veteran hunters” and “veteran members” of this site.

I came to this site mainly because I shot archery tournaments as a kid and did some hunting growing up. It’s not until now that I have the opportunity to hunt, out side of a buddy of mines place once every couple years for a doe, to have my own place and set up.

So as I sat here with my 5yo son, on his first hunt and watched the coons come out, the question was brought to mind.

Maybe it was a rookie or even a dumb question but relax on the sarcasm.
    No need to get bent. Mostly it’s an inside joke regarding this same topic every year. It’s like “clock work!”

Comment

Mainly thinking that my afternoon feed time is going off so early now that the raccoons, that I’m infested with, are getting to my feeder way before anything else. I haven’t been on this place long and have taken out a few but there has been no slowing them down. Literally a dozen at a time as soon as the feeder goes off or shortly after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Buy a half dozen Duke Traps. They run from $9 - $14 each. Just varies on where you purchase them at. These will put a huge dent in your coon situation. People are just messing with you. Spend enough time on here and you will begin to laugh with and at others. Most of it is in good fun. The guys giving you some grief are good folks. Oh, I do change the times because I want it to match the time on my phone and cameras. Like others have said, they change them with the timing of sunrise and sunset as well throughout the year.

Comment

Mainly thinking that my afternoon feed time is going off so early now that the raccoons, that I’m infested with, are getting to my feeder way before anything else. I haven’t been on this place long and have taken out a few but there has been no slowing them down. Literally a dozen at a time as soon as the feeder goes off or shortly after.

I'm still not sure you are understanding that your feeder is still going off at the same time in relation to sunrise/sunset as it did before DST. Minus the longer daylight each day...

Comment

I adjust mine for ME to keep it simple not the animals . Feeder times and cameras match my watch.I adjust for shooting light as per sunrise-sunset pattern.

Comment

I reset with DST and push the afternoon out late as possible, as the summer heat will have game moving later in the evening. Not only for deer, but mainly for pigs. I transition back closer to season.

Comment

I'm with Smart. I adjust every 4-6 weeks to keep it throwing between first light and sunrise. I want the critters to associate light in the east with corn on the ground. For the next few months I'm only throwing in the morning - for two reasons. First of all as things green-up, deer are less interested in corn and most of it is eaten by birds, squirrels, rats and coons. I am hoping that will also get me more daylight shots at hogs when they figure out if they want corn they have to get there early.

Comment

I change the times to stay at 30 min before sunrise and close to sunset after DST starts. Then change back closer to the season opener.

Comment

I finally got mine set to be about right for the darkest time of the year and going to leave it alone. To much work trying to keep up with ever changing feeder throw times. I will update the trailcams though purely for ease of use.

Comment

Do y’all bump your feeder times up an hour during this time of year or keep them the same year round.

First time for me to be hunting over my own set up and not hunting at a buddies place over his set up. Keep in mind I will be hog hunting over the off season up until about a month away from deer season. TIA

My feeders don't observe Daylight Savings Time. Basically the time right now is what they are set to and when the hour rolls back in the Fall I don't change them, just keep moving the morning throw times up a few minutes per week to account for later sunrise. In the spring when the time bumps up my clocks are "correct" again. Basically set 'em and and don't touch em

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                      My feeders don't observe Daylight Savings Time. Basically the time right now is what they are set to and when the hour rolls back in the Fall I don't change them, just keep moving the morning throw times up a few minutes per week to account for later sunrise. In the spring when the time bumps up my clocks are "correct" again. Basically set 'em and and don't touch em

"Set em and don't touch them" yet you adjust for the few minutes per weeks for a later sunrise? .....talk about confusing the poor fella..

Comment

The first year where the fall time change was pushed back a few weeks until the first weekend of November (2005 I think). We were all standing around the campfire discussing this very same thing, by bedtime we had it figured out, we thought. That was until the next morning when one of the guys got up at 4:00am, and he and his son were in their stand by 4:30. We never could convince them that they got up an hour early, and sat in the stand for two hours before sunrise, ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          "Set em and don't touch them" yet you adjust for the few minutes per weeks for a later sunrise? .....talk about confusing the poor fella..
                          yeah yeah...I meant the hour part. The minutes are going to change...unless they rollover to a new hour and then...oh to heck with it...do what you want! LOL

Comment

I’ve seen to struck some kind of nerve with the “veteran hunters” and “veteran members” of this site.

I came to this site mainly because I shot archery tournaments as a kid and did some hunting growing up. It’s not until now that I have the opportunity to hunt, out side of a buddy of mines place once every couple years for a doe, to have my own place and set up.

So as I sat here with my 5yo son, on his first hunt and watched the coons come out, the question was brought to mind.

Maybe it was a rookie or even a dumb question but relax on the sarcasm.

Ignore the jack*****es. If you want to change them, then do just that. This topic comes up every year and some are incapable of just not responding.
                            Last edited by JLivi1224; 03-13-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              Ignore the jack*****es. If you want to change them in relation to sunrise and sunset then do just that. This topic comes up every year and some are incapable of just not responding.

So you result to elementary school name calling?. Classy pot ....meet kettle..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                So you result to elementary school name calling?. Classy pot ....meet kettle..
                                I was simply encouraging a new member and letting him know that not all of us are “smart” *****e$. At least not all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X