No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The spot is wore out...but still puts out....like an old hookers honey hole...just gotta wallow around a bit.

Yee hawg!

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      The spot is wore out...but still puts out....like an old hookers honey hole...just gotta wallow around a bit.

Yee hawg!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did some scouting and Iv seen a couple deer feeder right on the other side of a private property fence with heavy hog traffic on a trail leading under the fence to it but I think the hogs are just hitting it after dark

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

Yee hawg!
          Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Jumped up a few at gate 9 Saturday and jumped up 3 Sows around gate six (lost an arrow shooting at them if u find it I’d greatly appreciate a full quiver again it’s a blood sport punisher with a trocer muzzy HB

Comment

Originally posted by BillfromFtWorth View Post
              Land is in williamson county, you have to have a $48 type II permit, its archery and crossbow only for hogs.
              So this is just public land you can go hog hunt??

Comment

Originally posted by InOurNature View Post
                So this is just public land you can go hog hunt??
                Yes, it is public land, but you can't just go hunt. You need an APHP, hunter orange and it's archery only for hogs.

Comment

Any word on if, and when, the aerial shoot will happen this spring? It looks like they normally do it around this time of the year.

Comment

new public land hunter. 2018

i just got a new tenpoint bow and a public land permit, some maps and a compass, im hoping to get some pigs soon, if anyone has any advice that would be great. i became a member by some supporting membership so im hoping that does some good to post and seek some advice here. do i meet all the requirements with a texas parks permit and a hunting license using a bow in the day time to hunt hogs? thanks. and happy hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by bowshooter1994 View Post
                      i just got a new tenpoint bow and a public land permit, some maps and a compass, im hoping to get some pigs soon, if anyone has any advice that would be great. i became a member by some supporting membership so im hoping that does some good to post and seek some advice here. do i meet all the requirements with a texas parks permit and a hunting license using a bow in the day time to hunt hogs? thanks. and happy hunting.
                      Make sure you wear orange. Use Binos to glass thick areas of briars and brush piles for bedded pigs. Dont get in a hurry move slow and quiet. Trial by error. Don't give up on it. Learn as you go

Comment

Speaking of new areas. I have previously scouted Willis Creek (aka gate 4) on the West side of FM348. Two years ago there was not much sign. Checked again this week and found a lot more sign, and very fresh; looks like a sonder has moved in. At least one set of tracks with hooves 2.5 inches long. No cattle on that side of the road either.

Comment

Any good word on the Heli hunt? Ive "heard" about 60 hogs killed.

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
                            Any word on if, and when, the aerial shoot will happen this spring? It looks like they normally do it around this time of the year.
                            They aren't flying this yr!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowshooter1994 View Post
                              I didn't know tenpoint made bows???I thought they only made Xbow!

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                                Speaking of new areas. I have previously scouted Willis Creek (aka gate 4) on the West side of FM348. Two years ago there was not much sign. Checked again this week and found a lot more sign, and very fresh; looks like a sonder has moved in. At least one set of tracks with hooves 2.5 inches long. No cattle on that side of the road either.
                                Um. Cattle on both sides!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X