No announcement yet.

Will it come back?? Spanish Oak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, I figured I would get some skeptics.
    That little tree in post #5, was from a stump that I burned way way more of.
    Time will tell.

Comment

We tend to get a lot of Spanish oaks coming up from what I would call root sprouts. The originator tree dies, and they come up around it. If your fire didn’t damage the root structure, what the hell....give it some time and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So, the stump burned for 3 nights. I hit it every night with my leaf blower to blow off the ash and get the stump burnig hot again. All the dead wood was burned away. Then I took my chainsaw and gnarled a bunch of the remaining char off the live section.
        Put a sack of potting soil in the hole. Filled the hole 3/4 up with deer manure. Then leveled it off with soured alfalfa hay and watered it good.

Bwaaaaahahaha!!!
        8 days since the fire died and she is sprouting back
        Attached Files

Comment

I never doubted you!

Comment

Originally posted by Smith View Post
            I’m so confused. Please never try to help me if I’m hurt
            This ^ lol

Glad it's coming back. Would have lost money on that one

Comment

I never doubted you. Anything is possible if you get no out of your heart. Here is what I call my Charlie Brown tree. It was a little taller than I said I cut it off at. But it's actually 10-12 foot tall now too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                I never doubted you!
                Thanks, I never doubted me either.

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
                This ^ lol

Glad it's coming back. Would have lost money on that one
                Lol, you and everyone else. Me and Fulmer could have cleaned up on you boys.
                And thanks

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
                I never doubted you. Anything is possible if you get no out of your heart. Here is what I call my Charlie Brown tree. It was a little taller than I said I cut it off at. But it's actually 10-12 foot tall now too.

Oh man fulmer, I would be real tempted to drive a long t-post in the ground on the good side of that tree and tie it off up high. Then I would remove about half that dead wood with a chisel and hammer. Then I would set some red hot charcoal in that hole in the bottom, just a couple at a time. Burn that dead part down into the ground about 6 or 8 inches.
                Get that stuff out of the way so that new bark can come all the way around.
                But that is just me.
                Either way, it looks to be growing well.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post

So, the stump burned for 3 nights. I hit it every night with my leaf blower to blow off the ash and get the stump burnig hot again. All the dead wood was burned away. Then I took my chainsaw and gnarled a bunch of the remaining char off the live section.
                  Put a sack of potting soil in the hole. Filled the hole 3/4 up with deer manure. Then leveled it off with soured alfalfa hay and watered it good.

Bwaaaaahahaha!!!
                  8 days since the fire died and she is sprouting back
                  Sorry but that stump don't look burnt to me, looks like a cut off stump that is sprouting back.
                  I don't see any potting soil, deer manure or alfalfa either

Post a pic like the one in the post where you started this of the same stump

I am still doubting but can be swayed with better evidence

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post

Was that a paper shell pecan before it died and you cut it? If so... it ain't now..

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Sorry but that stump don't look burnt to me, looks like a cut off stump that is sprouting back.

Hmm..that last pic shows the tree already had put out a sprout that was cut off.

Comment

It was cut off at the ground, flush. Then I burned it all that I could, I put the fire on the dead wood and let it burn as much as it would into the live section.
                        Then I dug a little trench on the top side and washed it good to let the sunlight hit it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                          Was that a paper shell pecan before it died and you cut it? If so... it ain't now..
                          Not sure, it was pretty well dead when we moved in, and didn't really put out any pecans. I'm pretty sure it was a native though. Thought about grafting it after it recovers some more.

Comment

I'm out till Thurs, headed to the beach.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              yes, but you need to sprinkle some of that fairy dust on it if you haven't snorted it all already....
                              Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              So it fell over and then you burned it? Now you're gona waste water trying to grow it back? Just transplant a seedling.
                              Tree died, you cut it off at the ground, burned the stump out and you are expecting the tree to grow back?

Must be a Phoenix Oak

If it grows back I will be surprised
                              Originally posted by Bruiser86 View Post
                              [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              Yeah, that's how we get rid of trees on our place
                              Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              I am on pain killers, and muscle relaxers ... did I just read what I think I read?
                              Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                              I think the only step missing is a dose of remedy.
                              Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                              Never thought you could be 1 step away from stump grinding and a tree would actually grow back.
                              Originally posted by Smith View Post
                              I’m so confused. Please never try to help me if I’m hurt
                              Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                              Hahaha, some of these comments are cracking me up! I’m in for the results (and will be surprised if it lives).

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                              Hmm..that last pic shows the tree already had put out a sprout that was cut off.
                              Ok fine, I will say it for ya'll.
                              "Hey bukkskin, you were right and we were wrong, you are so smart and know so much more than we do.That is so awesome that you resurrected that "dead" tree".

Comment

^^^ hahaha that made laugh

I hope it grows a big tree for ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X