Piano experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piano experts

Trying to help a friend sell a baby grand piano, anyone with knowledge willing to help me out would be much appreciated.

I'm no expert but I believe it is a very limited market. No many people play anymore, much less willing to dedicate the space for one. Best of luck.

Comment

there are experts on EVERYTHING here

Comment

I'm no expert, yet.... but I'm about to stay at a Holiday Inn express, so my opinion may change in a few weeks. I'll update you later if it does.

In all seriousness though - If I were in the market for something like that, I probably wouldn't surf classified ads for one. I would most likely look for a dealer. What little I know about pianos tells me that if something I don't catch is wrong, it could cost a whole lot to repair, that I wasn't expecting to spend. So, I'd want to buy from a place that could give me some level of warranty for what I'm buying. An individual just isn't going to do that. Because of that, if I were wanting to get rid of one, I'd call around to dealers and shop it to them.

Good luck.

Comment

Having owned 2, there is a limited market. Best option is to reach out to the original retailer and ask for their help, if that is feasible and in the owner's area. Second, what price is the seller wanting? Some are high $$ and others are just pianos.

Most owners will usually give them away after a while of no interest, or donate them. The donation to a school or church is a tax write off to some and that offers some benefit. The last 3 piano transactions my wife assisted with were all donations.

Comment

It needs to go against an inside wall That's all I got

Comment

May have some interest, PM sent

Comment

Call this guy. He is a little far away from you, but he might have a lead for you.

Harold's Piano

Address: 1610 Thomas Arnold Rd, Salado, TX 76571
                Phone: (254) 947-4677

Comment

Appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Having owned 2, there is a limited market. Best option is to reach out to the original retailer and ask for their help, if that is feasible and in the owner's area. Second, what price is the seller wanting? Some are high $$ and others are just pianos.

Most owners will usually give them away after a while of no interest, or donate them. The donation to a school or church is a tax write off to some and that offers some benefit. The last 3 piano transactions my wife assisted with were all donations.
                    My understanding it is in the 3-4k value range.

Comment

Consignment would be my best guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X