Who won?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who won?

My wife, daughter and I went to the track to settle a couple of scores.
    The wife was driving her junky 98 corvette and me in an 05 F250. My trap time comes on at the end of the track first, which usually indicates a win. Our time slip shows her at .02 sec faster. Who actually won?

Attached Files

The slip looks like she edged you out

Comment

who got there first???

LOL,
      looking at slip, you did.
      your reaction was quick enough to beat her slightly faster car.
      Take the difference between yalls ET, 0.025.
      Now look at reaction time, 0.76 vs 0.165. Subtract 0.025 from her reaction time, 0.14. That's how you beat her. you were 0.14 faster getting to the end of the track If yall had exact same reaction time, she would have won, since her time is overall faster.
      I used to drag race a lot. hope this makes sense.
      Reaction time is time it takes car to move after green goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
        The slip looks like she edged you out
        I agree with what the slip says, but when I watched the video my trap time came up first.

Comment

was bet who is fastest or who gets to the end first.
          Take an 8 second car,and a 10 second car. If the 8 second car gives the 10 second car a 3sec head start, who would win??? By headstart, I mean green light goes on, and guy sets there for 3 secs. the 10 second car would win by 1 sec. Simliar concept with reaction time, she was sleeping at the tree.
          ET is time from leaving to end mark. race is one by who gets there first, hence her reaction time cost her the win.
          Her car was faster, but doesn't mean she made it to the end first. She needs to practice, get that 60ft down and her car will be at least 13.7-13.5.
          angle of video makes it look like she smokes you, lol. race again, tell her to take off on last yellow and try not to boil the tires off, let it hook up.
          The slip doesn't show who won, only times.
          Last edited by JasonS; 10-21-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
            who got there first???

LOL,
            looking at slip, you did.
            your reaction was quick enough to beat her slightly faster car.
            Take the difference between yalls ET, 0.025.
            Now look at reaction time, 0.76 vs 0.165. Subtract 0.025 from her reaction time, 0.14. That's how you beat her. you were 0.14 faster getting to the end of the track If yall had exact same reaction time, she would have won, since her time is overall faster.
            I used to drag race a lot. hope this makes sense.
            Reaction time is time it takes car to move after green goes on.
            Just showed her your response. She ain’t so happy now . Now she wants to go back next week. Guess the score ain’t settled just yet.

Comment

was bet who is fastest or who gets to the end first.
              Take an 8 second car,and a 10 second car. If the 8 second car gives the 10 second car a 3sec head start, who would win??? the 10 second car.
              ET is time from leaving to end mark. race is one by who gets there first, hence her reaction time cost her the win.
              Her car was faster, but doesn't mean she made it to the end first. She needs to practice, get that 60ft down and her car will be at least 13.7-13.5.
              angle of video makes it look like she smokes you, lol. race again, tell her to take off on last yellow and try not to boil the tires off, let it hook up.
              The slip doesn't show who won, only times.
              She did have a pass @ 13.8 with a rt .000 while she was warming up for her butt whoopin.

Comment

tell her not to focus on beating you, lol. I think she got excited. the car is faster overall. You are beating her, not your truck. LOL, Sure this will go over well.

Comment

She was asleep at the tree. You can be slower and win

Comment

I've never hit the drag strip before & a little spooked to go as I cannot really don't want find yet another hobby that turns into a $$$ disease...maybe after I get my fix on the road course which is really more of a goal & with the ZL1. Especially just watching the F1 COTA race!!

The strip is really more technical than I realized after spending some time on the camaro6 forum & explanations from the fellas that race regularly.

In 100% stock Some guys are trapping in the 130's in the low 11's & the 'faster' guys can hit the high 10's at a slower speed. Best I can tell it's that 60ft time that really dictates vehicles relatively equal in speed...or just say the driver.

Comment

tell her not to focus on beating you, lol. I think she got excited. the car is faster overall. You are beating her, not your truck. LOL, Sure this will go over well.
                      I know this. I absolutely refuse to tell her though.

It’s all fun. It was her first time ever to race at the track. She is definitely hooked. She gave me the go ahead for cam, injectors, headers and a tuner for the Vette. She now has her sights set on beating this.

Comment

This is frickin awesome. Cool as heck your wife is into this

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                          This is frickin awesome. Cool as heck your wife is into this
                          And she hunts too.

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
                            And she hunts too.

You got a keeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
                              I know this. I absolutely refuse to tell her though.

She gave me the go ahead for cam, injectors, headers and a tuner for the Vette.

https://youtu.be/5qd1mvCYZ_E
                              This is awesome, congratulations.

Is the 98 vette a 6.2?? If it's in the budget, you can likely find a very lightly used Eaton Blower at a good price that comes on the ZL1, CTS-V & Z06...bunch of track rats are taking their brand new cars & adding a larger one like the whipple. Here's a pick

The modding process is really crazy & some drag guys determined to get 1k at the tires!! I'm pretty happy with the stock HP but might be inclined to play after the wnty is out. You can't even add a CAI or catch can without a chance & kinda nice to know you can track a car & not worry about blowing a motor.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X