Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Bullis

Any one hunt Camp Bullis?

It's never nice to be a bully, but hunting them sounds extreme.

Comment

I should have word it does any one hunt at Camp Bullis?

Comment

You would be WAY better off hunting Ft. Hood "The Joint Base B.S." and fees doubling + ridiculous rules ... I don't go near the place...

FT. Hood fees = $ 140
        Camp Bullis: $ 5 scouting fee
        $ 250 Deer Hunting
        $ 250 To harvest Axis or Hog

Very Sad considering the last time in 2008 season everything was $ 140 just like FT. Hood

I put in for TPWD Draw hunts and own my Little piece of Texas now ...

Comment

Originally posted by Pirk View Post
          Any one hunt Camp Bullis?
          No, but I’ve Land Nav’d and rucked most of it. Came across a feeder and pop up one time. I thought it would be a nice place to hunt except for the constant barrage of troops humping through there day and night and all the 240’s playing their beautiful song. But I’m sure the deer are used to it. Saw lots of hog sign everywhere.

Comment

I retired from Ft. Hood, and I hunted Ft. Hood for 5 years. I quit hunting Ft. Hood because I kept getting stuff stolen. No matter how I secured it. Camp Bullis prices went down last year. General Permit-$50, White-tail permit-$50 (if you get the luck of the draw). I like the way Bullis does the lottery. If you get the luck of the draw you pick your area, and it's your area for the white-tail season. No body else can hunt it during white-tail season.

Comment

262 a few years ago.

Comment

262 from Ft. Hood or Camp Bullis? There are nice deer on both places.

Comment

Bullis

Comment

Yup, all that was wrong info except for Pirk. It costs $10 to enter the whitetail deer lottery. If you win you pay another $50 and then you have access to hunt any exotics that Camp Bullis has to offer in General Permit areas and of course whitetail in your designated archery circle during the entirety of deer season. Once deer season is over or if you don't get picked, just pay $50 and you have access to the General Permit areas to kill pigs (every freaking where), aoudad (rare), axis (rare), turkey (very common), coyotes (common) and small game for an entire year.. The rules aren't ridiculous, its technically state regulations and then they add some more like "don't shoot within __ meters from perimeter fence, don't hunt __ meters from road, no feeders in GP areas". All of the rules and regs are located on https://jbsa.isportsman.net/.. We kill pigs every week its open just about. Its nice to have somewhere to hunt that is actually affordable.
                    Last edited by foster6234; 02-19-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I do also, would be nice to meet up for a hog hunt.

Comment

We have killed 7 pigs in the past 2 weekends at Bullis. Should have been more!

Comment

Working...
                        X