6.5 Grendel Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
    Does the fusion hold together better? Everything I've shot with the sst hasn't made it more than 40 yards, most dropped. But I'm not getting pass throughs on pigs, or deer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Yes.

I had the same experience.

Comment

120gr Speer Gold Dot if you reload; Hornady SST 123gr if you do not.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
        Does the fusion hold together better? Everything I've shot with the sst hasn't made it more than 40 yards, most dropped. But I'm not getting pass throughs on pigs, or deer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        This is what I have experienced as well. Bullet does awesome damage and animal does not go far at all however I have yet to get a blood trail.

Comment

Fusion for me. Mine hates the black for some reason.

Comment

The Black has been awesome in my 12.5” barreled 6.5 Grendel SBR’s. Furthest shot on a deer has been 210yds. The buck dropped right in his tracks. Have killed numerous pigs, coyotes with it. Probably close to 100 in the last year and a half, some big ol pigs as well. I’ve heard same results with the SST, but wasn’t going to change what’s been working for me.

Comment

Sst 123

Comment

I shoot the Hornady Black ELD-M out of my larue with thermal. Only ever shot hogs but, it melts them and is super accurate

Comment

Fusion. Black and SST don't pass through. I killed a few pigs with one. Fusion was flat out the best performance.

Comment

Thanks y’all. I ended up finding a Black Friday deal on some 123gr HPBT American gunners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fusion is out of stock dang near everywhere. My dealer said that all the distributors he deals with are backordered with no expected delivery date.

Comment

How do the new BTHP shoot compared to the sst or black?

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                          Fusion is out of stock dang near everywhere. My dealer said that all the distributors he deals with are backordered with no expected delivery date.

Try SGammo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Walding1989 View Post
                            Hornady black. Killed hogs, deer, badgers and yotes. Works great and is accurate.
                            Same here. Ran the 123 sst first but black groups better out of my gun so started running them and that's all I shoot now

Comment

I've had great luck with the 123g SSTs on deer and hogs. They group better out of my gun than the black as well.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                                Try SGammo.com

Nope

Comment

Working...
                                X