• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    Trade Zeke to the Texans.

Yep get Clowney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why on earth would the Texans trade Clowney for Zeke??? You guys are not paying attention!

HE WONT SHOW UP TO WORK! He’d just be on a different team, with a worse line, for the same contract that he won’t play for now! NO ONE is goi g to trade for him!

Comment

2019 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Why on earth would the Texans trade Clowney for Zeke??? You guys are not paying attention!

HE WONT SHOW UP TO WORK! He’d just be on a different team, with a worse line, for the same contract that he won’t play for now! NO ONE is goi g to trade for him!

Unless the other team is willing to pay him what he wants... I’m sure that number would be discussed prior

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I didn’t say it would happen just that it would be good for the cowboys. Calm down.

Comment

I seriously doubt Zeke is going to forfeit 250K a game, especially since it looks like they could win some games with what they have on the team now.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
              I seriously doubt Zeke is going to forfeit 250K a game, especially since it looks like they could win some games with what they have on the team now.
              I agree 100%. However, I would not be surprised if Jerry decided to make Zeke the highest paid running back in the NFL because it is Jerry's best chance to win a Superbowl. He'll probably also make Dak and Cooper the highest paid at their positions, for the same reason. Then in 3 years the Cowboys won't be able to keep talented players at the other positions. But hey, at least Jerry will go out with a Superbowl ring because of his great GM and ownership decisions. The Boys will then be saddled with the 3 highest paid skilled position players, and mediocre players around them. Then we can go back to being an average 8 and 8 team every year again.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                I agree 100%. However, I would not be surprised if Jerry decided to make Zeke the highest paid running back in the NFL because it is Jerry's best chance to win a Superbowl. He'll probably also make Dak and Cooper the highest paid at their positions, for the same reason. Then in 3 years the Cowboys won't be able to keep talented players at the other positions. But hey, at least Jerry will go out with a Superbowl ring because of his great GM and ownership decisions. The Boys will then be saddled with the 3 highest paid skilled position players, and mediocre players around them. Then we can go back to being an average 8 and 8 team every year again.

And they will look foolish for being market setters after stating they weren’t going to be [emoji1782]

Comment

This is probably what will happen. Afterall, Jerrah has more money than he can ever spend and he can't take it with him

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post

I don’t think he is either, and he’s up around a million in fines already.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      This is probably what will happen. Afterall, Jerrah has more money than he can ever spend and he can't take it with him
                      All teams have to play within the cap salary if it was based on what Jerry could pay none of this would be an issue he’d pay whatever

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

What are those columns?

Comment

What are those columns?

Whoops scrolled little to far

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                              All teams have to play within the cap salary if it was based on what Jerry could pay none of this would be an issue he’d pay whatever
                              I agree. If you literally think of the salary cap as a piece of pie, if you give huge slices (say 35%?) of the pie to 3 guys, the other 50 players have to split up 65% of the pie. And about half the team will only get a single bite of pie. Some of those big old boys won't be happy and will go looking for a bigger slice of pie at another diner.

Comment

I agree. If you literally think of the salary cap as a piece of pie, if you give huge slices (say 35%?) of the pie to 3 guys, the other 50 players have to split up 65% of the pie. And about half the team will only get a single bite of pie. Some of those big old boys won't be happy and will go looking for a bigger slice of pie at another diner.

Yup and the most frustrating part being only one of them has been ranked 1st in their position to even have a right to be the highest paid at their position, and he’s arguably the biggest off the field risk. This is a very slippery slope i pray they handle it correctly or this could have a negative ripple effect for yearsssssss to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X