"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillfromFtWorth View Post
    Looks like hillcountrybowhunter stuck another sow out there as well from his around the campfire report.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great job on the sow hillcountrybowhunter.

Comment

man all these guys are killin me this year great job guys

Comment

Gate #7 on the first page.. How do you get to areas III and IV ?

Do you have to have a boat?

Comment

does anyone know the schedule of heli shooting? I would try hog hunt there this weekend, but want to know whether heli has killed them all, or not.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Gate #7 on the first page.. How do you get to areas III and IV ?

Do you have to have a boat?
              near area II the water is pretty low,we waded acrost sat,feet got wet but if you had rubber boots you could make it,otherwise you need a boat

Comment

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
                does anyone know the schedule of heli shooting? I would try hog hunt there this weekend, but want to know whether heli has killed them all, or not.
                they were shooting monday,i believe it was this week,i really dowt they even put a dent in the amount of hogs out there,good luck

Comment

From what I heard the monday heli shoot got cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Texwild View Post
                    From what I heard the monday heli shoot got cancelled.
                    Thanks Texwild.

Comment

Whos goin to Granger in the mourning? Wanna hook-up and see if we can try and do what HILLCOUNTRYBOWHUNTER seems to do every week and kill a pig? LOL

Comment

Going out tomarrow again..... anyone else wanna go?

Comment

PM sent Crod888

Comment

I need some help

All right, I am recently returned to the Great state of Texas and need a place to hunt. I hear Granger has its share of hogs. But granger has some space to it. i have been up there and walked around some, but really dont know where to go. If anyone could set me in the right direction, or would be willing to let a novice hog hunter tag along, I woudl appreciate it.

Comment

if you want to go monday afternoon, I woudl be willing to go. harold.k.lewis@us.army.mil

Comment

Really, they can be just about anywhere, but:
                                Hottest spots: San Gabrial unit, between gate 6 and 7 on both sides of the river. The Pecan Grove unit, anywhere around heavy cover.

Technique 1. Stalk quietly through heavy cover during the day, and spot them before they spot you, then stalk up close. You will need to be on some kind of trail to move silently unless after a rain/dew.

Technique 2. Move quietly in the open on cloudy/rainey days, glassing with binoculars for pigs moving (they dont move in the open much on sunny days), then stalk up close.

Technique 3. Find a heavly used game trail and set up down-wind in the early morning or evening. Most of the time the pigs will have stopped/started moving by the time shooting hours start/end, but sometimes you will catch a laggard.

Good luck! There are so many pigs at granger, and they are so nocturnal, that we bowhunters are unable to keep the numbers in check. Go get some, and do the taxpayers and local farmers a favor!

Comment

Working...
                                X