• Show
Clear All

Storm, getting old is a MF. I feel it.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      Storm, getting old is a MF. I feel it.
      Your not kidding Razorback!

Comment

I'm looking for a multi day Fish-camp stay where the wind is going to be nice to me. I'm ready to dump some jug-lines in the water! And load up on some cats. This one day of mild winds, then a week of higher winds ain't cutting it. Anybody got a wind switch to turn it off?

If it wasn't for having to have 10-day gear tags on trot-lines, I'd put-em out and leave-em. Jug-lines require a gear-tag too. But harder to recover jug-lines when they've been sitting out a week.

Comment

Thursday through Sunday are look-n like possible on the water days for me. Might go drop some jug-lines on a mud flat or creek channel. But also got crappie bite-n on another place. What to do?

Comment

Go to both.

Comment

If they weren't so far apart, I would . But that's a lot of drag-n the boat back and forth, launch-n, trailer-n, and relaunching for a single day.

Comment

Wind forecast is looking like it's picking up for Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Looks like the A lake came up about 3 feet since that last rain.

PK is letting a little water out. Grandbury nada pretty much.

Comment

Oh man, how is everyone? Haven't been on in a while. Had a little heart scare a couple weeks ago, got checked out, couldn't find anything wrong, so I guess I'm good to go.

Comment

I hope your good too Stink Bait. We aught-a meet up sometime. I've been known to have TBH Get-2-gethers (aka lunch, Happy Hour, get-2-gether, or TBH HH) in Cleburne and Burleson. Next one in Cleburne will be in August, an annual lunch thing we do. Burleson is kinda random and spotty. There are many more across the state. You should come to one sometime so you can put some more names with some faces.

I haven't been able to fish in over a week. And tomorrow and Friday is looking like I"m gonna go. I want to set put some jugs at the W lake. But want to crappie fish on another lake too, while their good.
                      If I go to the W lake, I'll prob stay over night.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-05-2017, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stink Bait View Post
                        Oh man, how is everyone? Haven't been on in a while. Had a little heart scare a couple weeks ago, got checked out, couldn't find anything wrong, so I guess I'm good to go.
                        Puts things in perspective doesn't it. Makes your mind go in all the worst places while your waiting to get checked out. Here's to many more years with family and friends and time in the woods doing what we love.

Comment

Grandbury now letting water out.

Comment

So much for jug lining. Going back for another limit of Crappie tomorrow morning on the other body of water.

Comment

Catch some for me Mike.

Comment

Won't be a problem as long as I can get on the hole. Lotta people saw me yanking fish out of the water today . Some even tried to troll within 10 yards of my boat while I was anchored out the whole time (5 hours). But that only stirred up the fish and made them bite more. I was catching fish right behind their boat. They'd just stop and stare at me while I was reel-n them in from behind their boat after they just trolled by . Then they would turn around and do it again, and so would I.
                                Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-06-2017, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X