Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    I kinda expected some leaks and I do have a couple windows that had moisture inside. I am guessing the rain was more horizontal in the hurricane than vertical.

Here's a nice scenic view of a a storm coming in a few days after Harvey.

m
    Hes suppose to be here this week,Ill post pictures of the fix.

Comment

Really nice view.

Comment

This erection just keeps getting bigger and better....

Comment

Updating a bit here.

Still hard at it. Started framing the bedrooms. All of the walls are 10ft with the doors being 8ft. The ceilings will have trays in them of some sort or gabled.

Master with arched entry to the bathroom.

BR #2

BR #3 showing a pocket door frame leading into a bathroom.
          Last edited by sendit; 09-22-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Looking great! We had issues with window leaks from Harvey blowing rain too. Check around the edges of the cut out for the window, we had small(1/8 inch) gap at the bottom corners and the rain leaked in and got the carpet in our guest room. Adjuster told me to hit it with foam and it would seal it.

Comment

Going to start framing another room later today and then pickup the oak that I took to a mill to have lumber made. (It's in an earlier post)Excited to see what mother nature has done with them.

Comment

Going to start framing another room later today and then pickup the oak that I took to a mill to have lumber made. (It's in an earlier post)Excited to see what mother nature has done with them.
                I want to see the milled lumber!

I had to stop myself from saying I want to see your wood. Guess that is fitting with the title of this thread
                Last edited by mmoses; 09-26-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

well, I'm envious.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                    I want to see the milled lumber!

I had to stop myself from saying I want to see your wood. Guess that is fitting with the title of this thread
                    Ha ha!
                    It was late by the time I got it home. Going through some of it there looks to be some good samples of flat and quarter sawn boards. Here is s teaser. It was raining so some of the grain was easy to see in spots.

Comment

Ha ha!
                      It was late by the time I got it home. Going through some of it there looks to be some good samples of flat and quarter sawn boards. Here is s teaser. It was raining so some of the grain was easy to see in spots.

That is **** nice! When you have lumber milled out of trees it makes everyone you loose an opportunity for something great not a burden that has to be dealt with.

Comment

Beautiful wood - what are you planning for it?

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                          That is **** nice! When you have lumber milled out of trees it makes everyone you loose an opportunity for something great not a burden that has to be dealt with.
                          What?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            What?
                            no savvy?

When you have lumber milled out of trees it makes everyone you loose (lightning struck, diseased, wind fallen, in an inopportune spot) an opportunity for something great (lumber for furniture, wood turning, projects) not a burden that has to be dealt with (cut up and removed or burned).

Still no savvy?
                            Last edited by MASTERS; 09-27-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                              no savvy?

When you have lumber milled out of trees it makes everyone you loose (lightning struck, diseased, wind fallen, in an inopportune spot) an opportunity for something great (lumber for furniture, wood turning, projects) not a burden that has to be dealt with (cut up and removed or burned).

Still no savvy?
                              Harr! Savvy! "Lose," not "loose."

Lumber looks great. Love the grain.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                                Harr! Savvy! "Lose," not "loose."

Lumber looks great. Love the grain.
                                SMDH

Comment

Working...
                                X