No announcement yet.

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very impressive, thanks for the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
      Call me crazy but I have been felling some oaks the past days in this 100+ degree heat we have been having. This will someday become cabinets, built ins and possibly some doors for the barndo. I took it to a local guy to have it milled into lumber this morning.

I plan on air drying this but if I can find a kiln that is somewhat close and reasonable I will go tat route.
      I want to see some of this lumber you had cut

Comment

Nice erection

Comment

Hah!

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
          Nice erection

Comment

wow, that is awesome. Im jealous.

Comment

I am leaving soon to go and see if the barndo is still standing or has been damaged from Harvey. It was in the path of the eye in Goliad/Victoria counties.

Comment

Hate to hear that. Hope all is well.

Comment

Charlie I will keep you in our prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Found damage to buildings very minimal. For what parts of the pastures I could get to lots of trees took a beating. Ran into Goliad and they were without power and major tree and small building damage. Every tree on the court house square had limbs down including the "Hanging Tree"

Comment

Woke up this morning to no power but it was just restored. Going to make a pot of coffee and start putting up some walls. Looks like t's goig to be a nice day.

Comment

Wow, true skills and experience showing thru in this project. Stay safe and enjoy your progress

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Word to the wise make sure the windows trim is tight.Ive been pulling sheet rock and digging out foam for days due to my builders screw up.For his sake I hope he makes it right.Id love to see a few pictures of yours.

Comment

I kinda expected some leaks and I do have a couple windows that had moisture inside. I am guessing the rain was more horizontal in the hurricane than vertical.

Here's a nice scenic view of a a storm coming in a few days after Harvey.

m

Comment

I love your faux beam. out of you 2 mocks which did you end up doing? The mitered of the butt joint?

Comment

Working...
                                X