GoPro alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoPro alternatives

Who all is running a GoPro clone or any other style of action camera?

What is it and how does it compare?

Can't see myself spending $300-$400 on a GoPro

Don't think it's much cheaper but a few of my friends are running tacticams (sp.?). It's essentially a camera who's housing mounts like a stabilizer. I've seen the video it shoots 1080 and it's very crisp. One button activation and it's recording.

Comment

Lookup the Midland XTC 300 series. They have a camo version called the XTC350.

The microphone isnt as good, but the battery life is far better than a Gopro and the footage is very very good. I used one on my elk hunt in Colorado and I was impressed with the video quality. Sent you a PM.

Comment

Tacticams look awesome, Ive been wanting to buy one for awhile

Comment

Gopro has a new camera coming out tomorrow that shoots 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps for $129. It's going to be hard to find a better camera for that price.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
            Gopro has a new camera coming out tomorrow that shoots 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps for $129. It's going to be hard to find a better camera for that price.
            All I knew about was the 4 and I thought it was ~$500

Will this low end GoPro have wifi capability?

Some of the knockoffs I have seen do

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              All I knew about was the 4 and I thought it was ~$500

Will this low end GoPro have wifi capability?

Some of the knockoffs I have seen do
              No wifi. It does have a few cool features though such as one touch recording, auto low light adjusting, and superview mode which makes the picture very wide. Have to step up to the Gopro 3 white for wifi @ $199.

Comment

I have the sony action cam. it is supposed to be the equivalent of the go Pro Black edition but with image stabilization. You can check out my youtube channel (blzn04) for some examples of the quality. I have a few bowhunting and wade/kayak fishing vids. I belive I got mine on sale for 200. they are normally 250. Looks like bestbuy has them for 219 right now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-as3...801272&st=sony action camera&cp=1&lp=3

Comment

Can't beat the Go Pro for its capabilities...I have been videoing hunts a long time and while a Go Pro would not be my primary camera it is still a necessary piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Get an Xcel their great cams and warranty isn't voided when you put it on a gun or bow

Comment

The Kodak playsports do good for the price. You can find them pretty cheap on ebay.

Comment

I use a Contour and love it.

Comment

my buddy has one of the cams mentioned that fits in the stabilizer housing and it is pretty nice...Epic cameras are pretty good and available at academy-have a couple buddies that race xc on quads and sxs and sponsored by them and they always have good videos

Comment

Stay away from the Drift. Mine is junk.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Who all is running a GoPro clone or any other style of action camera?

What is it and how does it compare?

Can't see myself spending $300-$400 on a GoPro
                              No wifi. It does have a few cool features though such as one touch recording, auto low light adjusting, and superview mode which makes the picture very wide. Have to step up to the Gopro 3 white for wifi @ $199.

That's the one I would get. Hero 3 white. Kinda hard to move around and start a camera and wifi remote helps. Especially if you want to record a reverse angle hunt. Good job EastTx

Also look on Craig'slist man. I just seen a new in the box Hero 4 going for $175 on there. I bet it didn't last long.

Comment

Working...
                              X