No announcement yet.

Salt flat results for AW Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn chaser do it! You won't regret it. Two of those metals where done with borrowed arrows.
    You will receive lots of knowledge from masters at bow making. See and meet some assume people . If you are like me and can't hit half dollars but can hit the earth with a good bow well then you can find your way to the podium .Arvin

Comment

WAY TO GO ARVIN!!! Congrats on all that bling bling.

Comment

Great showing Arvin.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
          Horn chaser do it! You won't regret it. Two of those metals where done with borrowed arrows.
          You will receive lots of knowledge from masters at bow making. See and meet some assume people . If you are like me and can't hit half dollars but can hit the earth with a good bow well then you can find your way to the podium .Arvin
          lol that sounds like me. I can build a better glass bow than I can shoot. I was looking up the rules last night on bow designs and I have a design in mind I would like to try. I don't think I can compete for the record as 418 yds with a 50 lb bow is a long ways but it sure would be fun to try. Again congrats on your medals at the flight shoot.
          Last edited by Horn chaser; 09-05-2017, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Awesome results for alotta hard work. Congrats Arvin

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Arvin!!! You represented Texas well. Were there any more bowyers from Texas?

You mention borrowed arrows, what is the optimum arrow for long distance shooting?

Once again, Congratulations my friend.

Comment

Congrats Arvin. I agree with Swamprabbit, Awesome results on LOTS of hard work.

Comment

Hornchaser you would be surprised. One of those metals is for 260 yards out of a 35# bow. .the right light arrow out of a fifty pound bow goes a long way. That record was probably set with a arrow around 250 gr. Just guessing. I got 300 yds out of my selfbow. With one of those light arrows I borrowed. If I would have had d97 string on that bow it would have been closer to 359yrds. I brought home a few of those flight arrows I got out of the auction. They are light, barrel shaped with a heavier wooden footed point . No field points on them.tiny feathers for fletchings. Thanks guys for the comments. I do recommend this for all bowyers. Arvin

Comment

I was just wondering how this turned out a day or two ago! Sounds like you had a good time and looks like it was a successful trip!

Comment

Did not get record yet but yes it was a great time. Arrows and string and I will adjust the bows a bit .Then I will get that record. Learned sooooo much in four days. Arvin

Comment

Working...
                      X