100+ NY cops & firefighters indicted - 911 fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100+ NY cops & firefighters indicted - 911 fraud

Scores of retired New York City police, fire and corrections officers are expected to be arrested today in a crackdown on disability fraud stemming from the Sept. 11 terror attacks. The fraud cost taxpayers millions of dollars, prosecutors claim. The Manhattan district attorney's office accuses the retired workers, along with their lawyers and doctors, of faking work-related stress, including feigned psychiatric disorders related to 9/11.

Absolutely shameful!

This is what makes the good guys look bad.....

Comment

Fraud is an ugly word. Let us not paint the wide brush that someone can still have legitimate PTSD and still fish. The evidence they had on these folks go to the extreme and sure looks like a lack of integrity. There is an epidemic of poser PTSD out there. Its a tough one to document unless you are with that person from 10pm to 8am. Just cause you go fishing at 9am does not mean you do not suffer from PTSD. This case included recorded evidence of coaching to fool medical board. This is a clear case of fraud. GO TO JAIL.

Comment

Page is gone

Comment

Hopefully justice will be harsh and swift. Set an example that this type of behavior isn't tolerated.

Comment

They say many more arrests are likely and total cost could reach hundreds of millions. Scam has been going on since the 80's but, apparently, ramped up after 9/11

Comment

Does not surprise me. People are people, doesn't matter what job they have. I would expect to hold these type folks to a higher standard but at the end of the day they still have temptation and weaknesses just like everyone else. Good people are good people and bad are bad.

Comment

Saw this yesterday and decided not to post. Seems to be a very oddly delicate subject on TBH when it comes to first responders. I always take people at face value until they show me something different.......regrettably the 80/20 rule tends to prove itself correct!

Comment

Lock 'em up!

Comment

First responders are no different than other folks. Plenty of sorry SOB's in this profession.
                    Our society has gone most folks working until they die of old age to let me try to find a way to get paid more for less work. They are sorry people, they stole from the tax payer and they should be ruined and sent to prison.............just like a whole bunch of folks in DC

Comment

How about.......

BENGHAZI
                      FAST & FURIOUS
                      EXECUTIVE ORDER AFTER ORDER TO MANIPULATE HEALTHCARE

It all starts at the top.....JUST SAYING!

Comment

Happens everyday...

Comment

Remember, New York City has over 34,500 uniformed police officers and over 10,700 uniformed firefighters. Not counting the corrections officers that's 45,200 plus public servants and only 100 of them (maybe a score or two more) are prosecuted for this. That's 1 out of every 452 officers. Not a bad stat.

There are definitely some butt heads out there tho. And they need to go to jail
                          Last edited by UltraMax; 01-08-2014, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Saw this yesterday and decided not to post. Seems to be a very oddly delicate subject on TBH when it comes to first responders. I always take people at face value until they show me something different.......regrettably the 80/20 rule tends to prove itself correct!
                            Here's how a lot of first responders (me) view it. In the movie Lonesome Dove one of the good guys went running around with some scum. Before they hung him one of them said, "I love ya boy but you crossed the line". These guys most likely crossed the line, hang em.

Comment

Bad apples makes the bunch look bad, send them to jail and make them return the money. PTSD is something that can be manipulated to the advantage of someone who knows the system, I know this cause I have a family member that gets disability from PTSD and not only have they never been in the military or a first responder but they have never really been gainfully employed, sad really.

Comment

Working...
                              X