Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated

I'm just consumed with frustration/guilt. I did what I thought was the right thing and evacuated the family. Now I'm sitting here watching my friends and family struggle and I'm unable to get back home and help. It just feels like I'm not doing the right thing now. I'm loaded up with supplies and can't help for sh**!

Be patient. Many folks are going to need a helping hand for a very long time.

Glad to hear you and your family are safe.

Comment

Where are you trying to get? The water is going down fast. I bet that you can get to most places tomorrow if the rain holds off.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
        Where are you trying to get? The water is going down fast. I bet that you can get to most places tomorrow if the rain holds off.
        Dallas to groves tx. SE of Beaumont.

Comment

You did the EXACT right thing. When water goes down, go back and help will be needed for months and months. NOt much you can do in flood waters except end up needing to be rescued.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            I'm just consumed with frustration/guilt. I did what I thought was the right thing and evacuated the family. Now I'm sitting here watching my friends and family struggle and I'm unable to get back home and help. It just feels like I'm not doing the right thing now. I'm loaded up with supplies and can't help for sh**!
            God grant me the serenity
            to accept the things I cannot change;
            courage to change the things I can;
            and wisdom to know the difference.

you did the RIGHT thing by evacuating your family and making sure they were safe

The WRONG thing would have been driving through flood waters and putting your own life at risk.

Once the waters recede and roads are safe again, you can go back and help them rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

you did the RIGHT thing by evacuating your family and making sure they were safe

The WRONG thing would have been driving through flood waters and putting your own life at risk.

Once the waters recede and roads are safe again, you can go back and help them rebuild.
              Bring a friend of Bill, that really hit home. Thanks Blake, I needed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                I am always amazed how the serenity prayer can help us in these times.

Comment

You did do the right thing
                  Your friends and family should be sittin in your same situation as you.
                  Dont be antsy, this is going to be a very long marathon

Comment

Gotta take care of your own first. I've been here thru it all and today has been the first day I've been able to help with anything. Gotta make sure your family is good first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X