2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
    Sen quite a few deer this wrekend from what we can see they are not rutting or any chasing going on. Passed this one Saturday morning had him and 4 other small bucks eating rice bran and corn for 45 min. [ATTACH]751581[/ATTACH][ATTACH]751582[/ATTACH]This is a better picture of him.

I commend you for passing that deer. Most wouldn't. I love seeing management like this practiced !

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
      I commend you for passing that deer. Most wouldn't. I love seeing management like this practiced !
      Thanks, that's the biggest deer I have ever had a chance at taking.

Iv had a few pictures of this deer earlier this summer and he just now started coming back around I feel he is a mature deer, not sure what he will score but if he gives me a shot I will probably take it. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1445949749675.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24411955

This is him back in September I believe

Comment

Headed up to pull cards, move cameras and set some mock scrapes. Will hopefully update with pictures soon.

Comment

Spent the last three days hunting. A lot of small bucks chasing doe. Seen several fresh scrapes. Had a couple more pictures of the 10 pointer. And the recent rains has really helped my food plot.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
            Thanks, that's the biggest deer I have ever had a chance at taking.

Iv had a few pictures of this deer earlier this summer and he just now started coming back around I feel he is a mature deer, not sure what he will score but if he gives me a shot I will probably take it. [ATTACH]751999[/ATTACH]

This is him back in September I believe

Arrowslinger, that buck looks 4 years old+ to me. Belly and deep chest.

Comment

Originally posted by kdarwin View Post
              Spent the last three days hunting. A lot of small bucks chasing doe. Seen several fresh scrapes. Had a couple more pictures of the 10 pointer. And the recent rains has really helped my food plot.

That food plot is coming right along!

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                That food plot is coming right along!
                Finally got some rain on it. I was worried about how long the seed had set there with no moisture but I think it's going to be OK. With all the acorns on the ground not many deer are coming to my feeder and it may be while before they really start to hit the food plot.

Comment

Originally posted by kdarwin View Post
                  Finally got some rain on it. I was worried about how long the seed had set there with no moisture but I think it's going to be OK. With all the acorns on the ground not many deer are coming to my feeder and it may be while before they really start to hit the food plot.

We've got acorns out the wazoo right now too. Going to head back up on the 14th. In dry dock until then so need some good posts, updates and pics to help me live vicariously through you boys.

Comment

I hunted the past , Friday-Sunday and came back up and hunted last night.

Last Friday was incredible, 3 shooters seen, 2 looking for does. Saw close to 40 deer. Saturday was about the same. Sunday was horrible and the movement last night was horrible. I sat our largest food plot to try and see what the deer are doing . I saw 20 where I usually see close to 40. The cameras have really slowed down as well.

I am guessing acorns are the problem. I am gonna hunt mornings now starting today. In the past the morning movement has been good on these dates, gonna put a long sit in the timber on one of our better spots,

I'll keep the updates coming.

Comment

Well, all I have is a couple of pictures of does in the first couple weeks of September. Nothing else on my cameras. There are acorns all over the place. I bumped several deer out of a patch of oaks walking to and from my cameras. Set up my cameras on some mock scrapes at the edge of some oaks and some thick cover on a couple of trails. Gonna start looking at the map and try to figure out what trails they are using and where they could be bedding so I can set up some stands according to the prevailing winds. I've got some spots that I'd like to hunt where I saw awesome buck sign last year, but I can't hang a stand until we get a N or NNE wind.

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
                        I hunted the past , Friday-Sunday and came back up and hunted last night.

Last Friday was incredible, 3 shooters seen, 2 looking for does. Saw close to 40 deer. Saturday was about the same. Sunday was horrible and the movement last night was horrible. I sat our largest food plot to try and see what the deer are doing . I saw 20 where I usually see close to 40. The cameras have really slowed down as well.

I am guessing acorns are the problem. I am gonna hunt mornings now starting today. In the past the morning movement has been good on these dates, gonna put a long sit in the timber on one of our better spots,

I'll keep the updates coming.

I think your approach on getting back in the timber is spot on. Right now they can probably walk a few yards from their bed to feed so if you don't go to them it will be tough sledding. The key will be to give them just enough room not to spook them. Looking forward to updates.

Comment

We pounded them. Nine on the ground as of now. At the screamin eagle in divide. Have service for some odd an unknown reason. If it's not raining in the morning we are hunting. Deer are moving and some chasing going on.

Comment

Heard from FIL tonight. Nothing killed and very few seen. They will be back at it next weekend.

I'm still in dry dock until the 13th.

Did get to scout Hagerman today though. (Drew Seg-C again) Saw my first shooter at 60 yards. Followed his tracks for about 300 yards and found a dandy of a spot. The count was 14 deer, ducks, turkeys and armadillos.

How did everyone do this weekend?

Comment

Headed up to hang some stands and hunt the next five days. Gonna spend a lot of time hunting around the acorn patches trying to find that one tree that all the deer like. Wish me luck gents!

Comment

I didn't get to go over the weekend but my dad was up and saw deer movement all weekend. Had this deer show back up and we set a blind up to hopefully hunt him if he will show up in the daylight. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446472981618.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	24412770Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446472994454.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	24412771

I think this is the same deer I had pictures of back early Aug

Comment

Working...
                                X