A Buck To Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Buck To Remember

Unfortunately the story of this Native Born Buck did not have a happy ending. I have been watching this deer since he was a 2 yr old. Through the years I had many encounters with this monarch. I decided this was the year to take this 9.5 yr old buck. I have been bow hunting him since September 27 this year and I saw him that weekend for a brief second. I never saw him alive again. This past weekend I started checking ponds to look for him and to my disspointment I found his remains by a pond. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. Not sure what caused his death.
    At 3 yrs old 3rd pic he was 157", At 4 yr 1st pic he was 170", At 5 yr 2nd pic we figured 205", at 6yr old 4th pic did not find sheds score ?, at 7 yr old 5th pic he dissapeared to neighbor ranch in April and came back end of December. By the way my ranch is sort of high fenced as about 3 miles only has a 6'6" fence, the rest is 8'. At 8.5 yr last pic I figured he was 180".
    The second to last last pic of him dead at 9.5 yr old he scored 196"
    Hope you enjoy pics, I sure did enjoy watching this deer develop over the years.
    Attached Files

What a shame

Comment

What a buck!!

Comment

What an incredible deer and life history. Shame you could not seal his fate instead of Mother Nature and Father Time.

Comment

Wow. That's an amazing buck. Any clue what killed him?

Comment

What a monarch! Man that's a shame, at least he lived a long life and spread his genes far and wide!

Comment

Nice deer great to see the pictures you still have the horns

Comment

That's a shame but at least you have the memories and pictures and you eventually got the skull to remember him by

Comment

I think I'm gonna be sick

Seriously I think I would puke if I went through that.

Comment

Just threw up

Comment

Is that a high shoulder wound in the 5th pic? If so it may have led to infection and eventually his fate. Hate to see a giant like that go down that way

Comment

Man what a beautiful deer. What a shame......but like stated by others, at least he got to spread those genes over the years

Comment

Warrior

Comment

The #2 and #5 pics of him are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              I think I'm gonna be sick

Seriously I think I would puke if I went through that.
                              Man you know that is how I felt, like I had been kicked in the gut.
                              When he got out for a half year or so I figured he was dead and then from out of the blue he was back. I was hoping he had pulled another Houdini act this year. I am going to mount him.

Comment

Working...
                              X