Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much cash have you saved up at one time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the middle of the road right now... Making considerably more than my monthly expenses and deciding whether to keep piling up cash or pay off house and truck...

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
      Very impressive for 17 my friend!!!
      +1 Keep up the good work.

Have saved quite a bit from time to time.
      Have a trading account I throw it in when economy is bad and watch it grow a lot very quickly. Now days I always keep at least 10k ready for those times which lately seem to occur every 4 or so years. Is an easy way to pay for a pool, land or new car and keep your initial investment for the next go around.

Comment

Enough that my wife doesn't blink when it comes to anything hunting or fishing related

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
          I am in the middle of the road right now... Making considerably more than my monthly expenses and deciding whether to keep piling up cash or pay off house and truck...
          Pay em off bud!

Comment

Originally posted by BigJack View Post
            I saved up 1200 to get my first bow and accessories
            I save up 2K a year for hunts
            Right now I have 7400 in a CD to buy a truck in april

I am 17 and work as a deckhand
            Deckhand on what?

Comment

Once you have 6 months to a year of living expenses set aside, pay off all that other stuff. We put our nose to the grindstone the last couple of years and got the vehicles done about a year ago and the house paid off in November. It's a great feeling.

Comment

Getting debt free before trying to save again. Seems every time I get some $$ stashed, a large bill surfaces - medical, dental, car repairs. However, I need for nothing. God is good - all the time.

Comment

Credit cards replaced my toy fund long ago. I just pay it off every month or two depending on the amount. If it's something truly expensive I have a way of talking myself out of it. Vehicles and property excluded.

Comment

Originally posted by Texaskid82 View Post
                    Deckhand on what?
                    Probably a Towboat or harbor tug. I'm a port engineer for a Towboat operation and working as a deckhand makes great $$$ for a younger man. You just sacrifice a lot of time away from home.

Comment

Pay off your debt and then save some more...

Comment

Never enough!

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
                          Probably a Towboat or harbor tug. I'm a port engineer for a Towboat operation and working as a deckhand makes great $$$ for a younger man. You just sacrifice a lot of time away from home.
                          Figured that much. I work for Higman as a tankerman/steersman now. Who do you work for?

Comment

Originally posted by NUTT89 View Post
                            so did yours. i try and pay cash for everything. house truck jeep mustang 3 kids college funds etc. this is not anybodys business but mine and my wifes.
                            then why say anything? just asking

Comment

I saved up 7k to buy my artic cat and paid cash. Saved up for a lot of other things but that was one that I remember most. finally reaching the point I could go pick one out!! It's a good feeling once you reach the goal your after!!! And not have to make payments!!!

Comment

Just signed the contract on a 30X40 shop with concrete slab. It's $22,500, and we're paying cash. We've wanted it since we bought our house in 1998, and before Dave Ramsey, couldn't possible see paying for it without borrowing money to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X