Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
    I think I'm gonna go with this option...........

http://www.nitesiteusa.com/products-...ionscopemount/
    Let us know if you do go with this and what your thoughts of it are!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
      Let us know if you do go with this and what your thoughts of it are!

Will do indeed

Comment

Chuy, Your thread is costing me, I just ordered a UNV 20ir illuminator.

Comment

Any of you photon guys used them in the daylight? How does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckTag View Post
            [ATTACH]619625[/ATTACH]
            so much sexyness right there

Comment

Phillip. LOL!! Wait until I post a video from the video recorder I just got today. Awesome!

Blue tick. They work ok, better in the shadows. you do get some washout but to make a shot on an animal shouldn't be difficult. I'll try and post a video of day and night

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                Phillip. LOL!! Wait until I post a video from the video recorder I just got today. Awesome!

Blue tick. They work ok, better in the shadows. you do get some washout but to make a shot on an animal shouldn't be difficult. I'll try and post a video of day and night
                Chuy, I'm not going to look at it.

Comment

Hey Bucktag, I see you had a good weekend. I'm Jealous.

Anyone running suppressors on their NV? Just trying to imagine how incredibly awesome it is. lol.

Comment

Had fun! Headed to the ranch this weekend to slay some animals.

Comment

Just received my UNV 20-IR.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
                        I shot this pig the 2nd week of January right after the first round of 3.5X photons were released to the public. 6.8 to the dome at 90 yards while he was pushing the pig pipe! They are IMO the best digital NV for the money out there.

I also have a 5X that I haven't gotten to use yet as I'm waiting for my Mini-14 to get back from Accuracy Systems Inc. My Sightmark rep threw an extra 3.5X on my order that I'm looking to get rid of also if anyone is interested. I really need to get a dvr for mine to record the hunts.

It would be a shame if they got rid of the 5X. Hopefully they make a hybrid of the two that has the screen resolution of the 3.5x and the laser illuminator of the 5x. I still don't understand why they gave the 3.5x the higher resolution, maybe to make up for the lower led IR output...

I found a 5x yesterday and put it on layaway. I was told they stopped making the 5x also. If you had to choose hitch one would you get? I plan on upgrading the IR too.

Comment

I got a buddy who uses a tuskir 384 (thermal)!!!! I've been hunting several times with him and it is AWESOME! I don't have $10,000 to throw down on one though...

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                            Just received my UNV 20-IR.
                            It's like turning on the lights isn't it?!

$10000 for a nv!!!!?? Holy moly. Any videos?

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

If you haven't seen the new FLIR Thermosight RS units, then you should check them out. I got my 2.5x w/320 core scopes for $4k each and that's comparable to the 3rd Gen NV gear price range. Plus the scopes come with 3 year full warranty and 10 year on the sensor... Can't beat that!

Comment

Wow, that UNV 20 Ir looks exactly like my $24 UF T20 that I put an Osram Oslon Black 850nm IR LED into for my homemade NV.

Comment

Working...
                                X