Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HansETX View Post
    Well... it happened again. The first time it was the Mother-in-Law's house and now this time it's the Brother-in-Law that got visited by the pig fairies in the middle of the night. Now, I believe in Karma and I've been on the good and bad of that, but these Wild Hogs are destroy our yards one family member after the other. This is the worst yard damage that I've ever seen..

I was able to drop 3 of them and had one that dang near jumped in my lap..

https://youtu.be/oxZ3vDUly1s
    Wow that front yard damage sucks bad.

Comment

That yard is devastated! Maybe we should drop some hogs off in the yards of the big city anti-hunters and see how long it takes them to start back tracking on their anti stance. Nice job on the hogs!
      Last edited by Outdoor Legacy; 09-29-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I got myself a Sightmark Photon XT yesterday; Looking forward getting it sighted in then do some hog hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
          That yard is devastated! Maybe we should drop some hogs off in the yards of the big city anti-hunters and see how long it takes them to start back tracking on their anti stance. Nice job on the hogs!
          Exactly!! Killed over 250+ on hunts with myself and buddies this year along with trapping. I am hooked

Comment

Any idea when Flirs PTS thermal will start shipping? I'm thinking this is going to be a good entry level thermal.

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
              Any idea when Flirs PTS thermal will start shipping? I'm thinking this is going to be a good entry level thermal.
              No one has a clue. The Pulsar Core RXQ30V has a farther detection range and costs less money (and is available today). It sacrifices the recordability that is advertised with the PTS233, but that's not an issue for everyone.

Comment

Scopes or sights aside. What is everyone using to scan a field?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post

Im ising an older flir m24. The current state of the art would be a Trijicon Patrol-ir in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the opportunity to use the new Flir Q 14-TIM B. This video shows that at the SHOT show, but I got to play with a prototype version at an industry hog hunt that I attend. If it ever comes to Market that would be my first choice

Comment

The form factor of this unit is the most conducive to use in the role of handheld monocular that I have found. Except maybe a oaysis skeet IR.

FLIR Q14-B (Boson) TIM 320x256 30Hz Thermal Imaging Monocular

• High resolution FLCOS display
                        • Boson processor
                        • Multiple palettes
                        • Integrated digital compass and digital inclinometer
                        • Onboard video recording and picture capture (Internal Storage)
                        • USB C connectivity
                        • Battery Status Indicator
                        • Rapid start-up
                        • Easy adaptability to wide selection of head, helmet, and weapon mounts with QuickRail/ Dove Tail/ Bayonet interfaces*
                        • Rugged construction
                        • Limited 3-year warranty
                        • 10-year warranty on FLIR detector
                        • Made in the USA

Comment

Just now getting into the game

Comment

1st day of deer season 2017. Picked this one off at midnight.

#diepiggydie 110yd midnight spine shot. POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air key-mo mount.

Federal 165gr trophy tip no def gameking.

@third_coast_thermal provided the IR Hunter.
                            #thepewpewlife #blackgunsmatter #evilblackrifle #guns #weapon #weapons #weaponsdaily #rifles #suppressor #makeamericagreatagain #weaponsfanatics #texasguntrust #texasnfatrust #guntrust #nfatrust #thirdcoastthermal
                            #third_coast_thermal
                            #pofusa *#pofp308 #deadairsilencers #riflesonly

Comment

So now I have the X Sight, what caliber should I go with on my AR build? I have a multi cal lower, so I've been thinking about the 300blk. This will most likely be a dedicated night hunting rig, mostly for pigs. Oh and suppressed also with future plans of thermal(if i get into it like I think I will). I have it on my RRA 223 now and just sighted it in. GO!

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                                So now I have the X Sight, what caliber should I go with on my AR build? I have a multi cal lower, so I've been thinking about the 300blk. This will most likely be a dedicated night hunting rig, mostly for pigs. Oh and suppressed also with future plans of thermal(if i get into it like I think I will). I have it on my RRA 223 now and just sighted it in. GO!
                                I've used .223 AR's for hogs for years and my advice is to buy some good ammo if you go that route. Don't use FMJ and expect to recover many hogs without some very precise shots. I've been using the Hornady Black .223 75 grain BTHP and I can't be happier. The price is really good too at $13-$15/box.

Honestly, if this is going to be a dedicated hog gun and you plan on suppressing it in the future, I don't think you can go wrong with a .300blk. I'm shooting a .300blk a lot of the time now (super-sonic ammo) and I've been extremely impressed with it. Unless you plan on doing long range hunting, I think the .300blk is a great option. Again, nothing wrong with .223 as long as you use good ammo and good shot placement.

Good luck and keep us updated on the AR build.

Comment

Working...
                                X