Archery Shop Tech Says Its Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    Looks to be a left handed bow. If the “tech” is right handed, it would be hard for him to shoot a good paper tear. I’ve tuned a bunch of bows, but I will never state that I can papertune a left handed bow properly. BTW, if it appears wrong, or way off of center, it is. Something is wrong.
    Probably this.

OP, I thought your buddy was making an joke about being left handed. It might not hurt to take it to the tech, and shoot it right in front of him (Unless you already did this). I am a lefty too. I always have to shoot in front of the tech, the last time I didn't I had a similar issue. Once I brought the bow back in, the tech got it fixed quickly, and for free.

Comment

First off, that bow has wheels on it. I thought you were more of a stick and string guy.

Comment

Comment

I take it your left handed?

God Bless
          Bish

Comment

Do it yourself. Reset your rest and sight. Usually 13/16" center of rest to riser is a good place to start, line arrow up with Berger/rest bolt hole. Line up sight pins with string and adjust accordingly. Your pins should be just right of the string(Left handed).

It looks like he has a Right handed sight on a Left handed bow. The bubble level is at the top!

If the bow is tuned you should be able to shoot any combo of broadheads and be accurate.

Comment

So, there could be a number of reasons causing your tears. The first thing I would do is rule out fletching contact. There are a lot of marks on the arm of your rest and tape pealing, which if you cannot explain could be contact. Ruling this out is easy. Buy a can of athletes foot spray powder. Spray a light coat. Shoot it. If powder is knocked off, look for the transfer on your bow.

As far as cam lean, my understanding is there should not be lean at full draw, but there may be some lean at rest.

If you are not getting fletching contact and your bow is tuned to spec, you may be inducing torque with your bow hand or face pressure.

Good luck

Comment

It that a right hand sight on a left hand bow ?

Comment

are your vanes white? those white skid marks on the rest look like fletching contact

Comment

I was having the same issue with my QAD. It’s most likely fletching contact. I swapped to a whisker biscuit to isolate the problem. Bow tuned perfectly at center shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X