No announcement yet.

High Speed Film of Whisker B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have watched this thread for awhile and been sitting on my hands trying to stay out of it
    but I have to do it.
    Folks talk about accuracy and rest , that is a bunch of bs.
    I can take a bow put it in a machine and shoot one shot groups all day long with just about any rest from a rug on the shelf,drop aways ,flippers, I can do the same thing with a cloths pen tapped to a bow ,same arrow same bow will go in the same hole at 20 yards.
    A out of tune bow , one with the fletch hitting the cables ,same results.The reason we try to take care of all the things is to have a more forgiving set up.
    Rocky says he is good enough to shoot a biscuit, you ever shoot a 300 with one ? I am sure some folks can but I have never seen it done because we arnt machines and we need a rest that works with us not against us ,yea a forgiving rest,
    You see folks on here say they can shoot a 3 inch group at twenty yards , go shoot an indoor round the bull is three inches,see if you can hold that for 60 arrows, folks say
    a tight group isnt necessary to hunt ,well why do you sweat field points hitting off an inch ,that should be good enough to hunt with.
    I personally dont like a wb because of noise, fletching wear,and the built in unforgiveness of the rest. I dislike the Drop aways because they are to complicated , timing , cords, etc
    These are the only rest that came up in this discussion and there are a bunch out there I would pick over these two.
    Wheeeeeeeeee end of rant.
    Ron

Comment

Ron, I don't think I can shoot a 300 with any rest, but I believe any bow/rest combo is capable of a 300 in the right person's hands.
      I don't have that kind of focus.
      I do know this much though, with my WB, within my self-imposed bowhunting range, I can kill the animals I shoot at.
      I bowhunt, and sometimes, bowhunting equipment is a compromise of function and accuracy.
      I will give up what perceived accuracy other rests are capable of for the failproof functioning of the WB, because it allows me to hunt with less worries.

Comment

Rocky
        Back in the day when I was really gun hoe on shooting 2,000 arrows a week was normal, shot 10 months out of the year . thats 80,000 arrows in a year. I was shooting a TM hunter by Golden Key . I shot that rest for five years with no failures, did replace the bushing a couple times because it started making noise. I would have wore out several biscuits doing the same thing. There are plenty of trouble free rest out there .
        I think you should shoot whatever makes you happy and what you are comfortable with . There is no perfect rest and I feel we should list the good with the bad on products. It sure does help the new archers make decisions on eguipment from folks that use it ,not just claims in advertisements.
        Oh during the five years I talked about above ,the limit where I was hunting was 5 deer, I tagged out every year and each year took a deer in Colo. 30 deer with that double prong rest and my arrow never fell of the rest once
        Ron

Comment

Ron, I don't doubt anything you say, but today's bows with the abrupt dump from peak to 80% let-off create more challenge in keeping the arrow on the rest.
          Again, I want everybody to shoot the rest that gives them confidence, but there are so many that think the WB is a 'starter' rest, ( I used to be one of these people),and have never even shot with one to see the real accuracy that the WB provides, that it gets old.
          I shoot a WB, and I'm definately no rookie to bowhunting.

Comment

Rocky
            I can see the good points of a wb .What I found when I ran my shop was there were several things that added to the chance of pulling an arrow off a rest ,new shooter was one, to many lbs, getting to tired. They are great for the pro shop ,fast set up ease of instruction for new shooters. Most rest can be rigged to hold the arrow in place untill you draw.
            Again the wb Folks talk about accuracy and rest , that is a bunch of bs.
            I can take a bow put it in a machine and shoot one shot groups all day long with just about any rest from a rug on the shelf,drop aways ,flippers, I can do the same thing with a cloths pen tapped to a bow ,same arrow same bow will go in the same hole at 20 yards.
            A out of tune bow , one with the fletch hitting the cables ,same results.The reason we try to take care of all the things is to have a more forgiving set up
            I have beat this horse to death ,hope ya,ll have a great opening weekend and a lot of monsters hit the ground.
            Ron

Comment

There will always be new, tired shooters pulling too many pounds.
              I wish I had invented the WB.

Comment

I love the whisker biscuit. First time I ever stepped foot in Rocky's shop I had horrible bh flight and groups I knew I could do better with field points. After seeing for my self the rest was out of time and getting clearance issues I decided to put a wb on my bow and it's all been down hill from there. I wanted something I could shoot and not have to worry about, and I haven't had a single issue with it yet. And IF I ever do I'll start shooting rage. I have yet to have a problem with excessive wear on vanes (blazers) or noticed any unwanted noise from the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by stick and strin View Post
                  Rocky
                  I can see the good points of a wb .What I found when I ran my shop was there were several things that added to the chance of pulling an arrow off a rest ,new shooter was one, to many lbs, getting to tired. They are great for the pro shop ,fast set up ease of instruction for new shooters. Most rest can be rigged to hold the arrow in place untill you draw.
                  Again the wb Folks talk about accuracy and rest , that is a bunch of bs.
                  A out of tune bow , one with the fletch hitting the cables ,same results.The reason we try to take care of all the things is to have a more forgiving set up
                  I have beat this horse to death ,hope ya,ll have a great opening weekend and a lot of monsters hit the ground.
                  Ron
                  We get it, you don't like them. Now go take a baby aspirin

Comment

i take one of those every day
                    still doesnt help
                    ron

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                      It aint no different tham somebody going on and on about somethin that they like. I mean, it is a talk forum last time I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                        Talk about needing a baby aspirin....

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                          The way I see it, the WB is assisting in the rotation by providing a type of rifling when helical vanes go through.
                          Then you should have your eyes checked.

Comment

Video shows rest will create higher vane maintanence. If the vanes stay on they should group acceptably. It will be a safe rest, especially for the two day a year shooter.

Comment

Working...
                            X