Making Bacon/Pork belly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Bacon/Pork belly

This was my first attempt at curing a pork belly and making Bacon. I cured it for 7 days and smoked @ 200 for about 4 hours till internal temp of 160 degrees. I placed in the fridge over night and sliced today. I do not have a slicer so I cut in half to make the slicing easier. The taste was amazing to say the least. A 29.00 dollar(12 Lb.) pork belly yielded 10 lbs. of sliced bacon and 1.5 lbs. of ends and pieces for beans. I have a pork but curing for Buckboard bacon next weekend. Enjoy!!

Care to share your curing process?

Comment

Looks great !

Comment

Originally posted by Iansumrall View Post
        Care to share your curing process?

Homemade bacon is easy and the results are much better than grocery store smoked bacon. You can make countless variations once you have the basic homemade smoked bacon recipe down.

Comment

EmmmmEmmmmm Good!

Comment

I’m going to do the buckboard in a couple weeks. Made several bacons and man it’s good

Comment

Looks top notch!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Looks great. If you make anymore look into an inexpensive or used meat slicer. I found a small used one for $10 locally...it's old but gets the job done. Not only did it make the job 10x easier, uniform slices make for more consistent cooking.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that looks fabulous!!!! I will be trying this..

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I’m going to do the buckboard in a couple weeks. Made several bacons and man it’s good
                      I already have some curing for next weekend. Should be great.

Comment

I’ve heard of the buckboard bacon but never tried it. Anyone have a recipe to share?

I have 3 pork butts in the freezer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                          This was my first attempt at curing a pork belly and making Bacon. I cured it for 7 days and smoked @ 200 for about 4 hours till internal temp of 160 degrees. I placed in the fridge over night and sliced today. I do not have a slicer so I cut in half to make the slicing easier. The taste was amazing to say the least. A 29.00 dollar(12 Lb.) pork belly yielded 10 lbs. of sliced bacon and 1.5 lbs. of ends and pieces for beans. I have a pork but curing for Buckboard bacon next weekend. Enjoy!!

UUUWWEEEE that looks good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                            I already have some curing for next weekend. Should be great.
                            SAve me a piece...lol

Comment

Thanks for the recipe...will try soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X