Clear All

Did you like Alco Cabins Work? I’m thinking about calling them. Thanks

Comment

Completely bad azz

Comment

Any updates to this build?

Comment

Only update is that I have fired my GC.

Found an older guy from the paper that had a 30+ years of construction experience. He was going to help me paint the exterior, then frame out a room and bathroom. Then help me with wiring, AC and insulation. I specifically asked him when I met him at the property about payment, and he stated that since I had bought all of the paint, and he wouldn't have to come out of pocket any he wouldn't need a deposit. Then 2 weeks later, he sends me an email saying that he can start as soon as I send him a $3,000 check for deposit.

I am going to be out there all next week. Planning on painting the exterior of the cabin myself, and probably staining the porch. Hoping to meet with an electrician to wire the cabin and a well guy to start poking a hole in the ground. Will post some pics then.

Comment

Awesome set up you have. Best of luck.

Comment

That is the cabin I have been eyeing for a while. Just need my dads ok to build it on the property. Maybe on day. This thing is awesome can’t wait to see it finished.

Comment

Coming along nicely! Congrats!

Comment

Who is coming out to do your well?

Comment

progress report ?

Comment

Just ran across this again.. I was thinking Barndo for my parents now I may do this as well

Comment

L&L will probably be doing the well, they have witched it. Tried to connect with Greg over Thanksgiving but unfortunately wasn't able too. Depth is prob going to be 800-900 feet based on others in the area.

Nothing but good things to say about Alco Cabins. I found them on here, but there was very little info to go on. So far I have been very pleased with the cabin, only change I would make is wider stairs on the porch.

As far as progress, I am kind of back at the drawing table. Last week was the first time I actually stayed inside the cabin, before I had stayed on the porch because of the heat. And I am going to change the layout, 2 bedrooms upstairs, bathroom/kitchen/sitting room down stairs. Need to get it finalized so I can start framing.

I was able to get some dozer work done. Had a guy clear out a tank where there is a natural creek bed, and clear some fence lines. Also added a feeder for the house.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Enjoying the build, keep us posted.

Rwc

Comment

LOoking good, how many acres do you have out there?

Comment

Lookin' sharp! Keep the updates coming.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X