Getting Ready For Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Ready For Winter

Thinking about going kinda sorta for the G. Fred Asbell look this season.

Rick
    Attached Files

C'mon Rick - don't you know you will never kill anything unless you are wearing a scent lock suit in this year's newest 5 dimensional camo pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      C'mon Rick - don't you know you will never kill anything unless you are wearing a scent lock suit in this year's newest 5 dimensional camo pattern?
      I know, right.

Rick
      Attached Files

Comment

Try as I might, I just can't make myself look ugly.

Rick

Comment

Snappy, at least you're dressed good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You have your fancy hex suit under that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
              You have your fancy hex suit under that?

LOL, not today. I bout melted just to take the pictures, but if I wear it to hunt in come cold weather, you can bet the HECS will be one of the under layers.

Rick

Comment

I'm hoping we get a decent winter this year to kill some bugs. I have some wool that I can never use bc it's so hot the last few years

Comment

I have two pair of wool military pants made at the end of WWII. They are quiet and warm on a cold morning. I need to find a good wool jacket.

Comment

I like it!! I've never really worn wool, but I'm thinking about getting a wool jacket to wear to Colorado next year.

Comment

I hunt in wool every year. Nice plaid, it would work great up here.

Comment

Wool is nice but honestly today's synthetic materials give you better heat retention with thinner layers. Wool still has the advantage of retaining heat better when wet but then it's heavy as well. I haven't found boots or gloves that will keep my feet and hands warm when I hunt in below freezing temps though.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

To be honest, I probably won't wear this much for hunting (if any at all).

To nice a coat to get bloody, and dirty.
                          Probably wear it more for dress, than anything.

Rick

Comment

I agree. There is something about the wool plaid shirts and costs that look and feel good. But the dry clean to get blood out is no fun and creates scent issues.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Now... if only it were green plaid

I wonder how much truth there is to the deer see "blue" thing. I feel like I've read into that in the past, but I really don't remember if it was hogwash or not. Needless to say, I've never been a "has to be camo" kinda guy, but I do keep it all earth tones. That wool jacket in green or brown would be hard for me to pass up.

Speaking of wool... I am starting to wear out my green smart wool base layer shirt. I love that thing. It probably appears on most of my LDPs in some form or fashion unless it is just too hot. It doesn't get to hot, and if it does, it really doesn't smell. I honestly can tell the difference in odor between a sweaty polyester shirt, a cotton shirt, and a wool shirt with the first being the worst and the last being the best. Synthetics are nice and all, but they hold odor no matter how good they are. I can re-use a wool shirt for a couple days and not be concerned about producing more odor than usual.

Like the look Rick and good luck... hopefully it will be cool enough to be able to put it to good use.

Comment

Working...
                              X