Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

black out your license plate???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black out your license plate???

I see online all the time that people black out their license plate when listing vehicles and just wonder why?? I mean what is someone really going to do with a plate number? Someone could go around and see them all over the road?? Just curious if there is a reason behind it??

I mean, you expose it to thousands of people every day just driving around, in parking lots, etc. I see zero reason to blur it out online.
    If I didn't think my opinion was right, then it wouldn't be my opinion. So, any other opinion must be wrong, therefore stupid.

Comment

Always wondered the same thing....

Comment

Adds to the mystery of the sale. Ok so I've got nothing!

Comment

When listing a vehicle, you probably figured it best to lost every add on youve done, right? So now youve just advertised that you have a $2k stereo system in your truck (or whatever floats your boat) to everyone. A person can get your address fairly easy theses days, especially from your liscense plate. Guess who might not have that stereo they just advertised the day before! May be a little far fetched but it would be reason enough for me

Comment

If you had the plate then you could possibly figure out the vehicle is stolen before you buy it, and that wouldn't be good for the person selling it to you.

Comment

well, on here, someone could look it up and find out I was selling someone else's car.....

my guess is that they don't want people showing up at their house interested in buying the car until they have talked to them on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                I see online all the time that people black out their license plate when listing vehicles and just wonder why?? I mean what is someone really going to do with a plate number? Someone could go around and see them all over the road?? Just curious if there is a reason behind it??
                Send me your plate # and let me show you how much info I can get off of a plate. I can pull your DL number and anyone in ur house with a DL, your address, any others cars you own and so forth.

Texas is a public record state..
                better safe than sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83 View Post
                  Send me your plate # and let me show you how much info I can get off of a plate. I can pull your DL number and anyone in ur house with a DL, your address, any others cars you own and so forth.

Texas is a public record state..
                  better safe than sorry

They could also cyper stalk you here to see what you have posted on this forum as well as others. Meaning you might have just bought a new rifle or posted a pic of a new bow. They might see you are out of town hunting also. In having your plates they could get your address and pay you a visit.

If you use your stage name on here and other forums you can google fu it to show almost all your posts.
                  Last edited by NTex; 10-26-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

like they said... get me your plate # and I will show you....

Comment

Originally posted by kraigrrr View Post
                      like they said... get me your plate # and I will show you....
                      Are you and jake Leo? If not I'm not saying it can't be done but I'd really be curious to see what you could dig up if I give you my plate number..

Comment

PublicData.com is the source for public information and public records. Databases include Drivers License databases, Sex Offender databases, Voter databases, and Criminal Databases.

Comment

Originally posted by NTex View Post
                          X2

No LEO here

Comment

Yeah. And don't tell them your real name. They may google you. Sheeeesh.

Comment

if i wanted to jack someones info thru thier plate number it would be a lot easier to go sit at a redlight and write down 20 plates than surfng thru forums trying to find a pic with a plate number in it, right ??

am i missing something? it seems like a bit much of a conspiricy theory to me to....

Comment

Working...
                              X