No announcement yet.

Weekend weather....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont mind the drive or the rain but the mess we create by slopping around the farm and camp house isnt worth it. General opener we made one heck of a mess!!!

So i'll pick up a couple shifts at the stadium working HS playoff games to make some Santa Claus money.

Comment

FRIDAY
      NOV 27
      Rain/Freezing Rain
      Rain/Freezing Rain
      32/38
      70%
      SATURDAY
      NOV 28
      Rain/Freezing rain
      Rain/Freezing rain
      28/36
      60%
      SUNDAY
      NOV 29
      AM ice possible
      AM ice possible
      31/53
      25%

hmmmmmmm
      Last edited by BrianL; 11-24-2015, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I've got paying hunters coming Thursday night, rain or shine. I can sit in a rifle blind with a heater and watch them bowhunt, or they can sit with me and rifle hunt. Either way I'm fine with it.

Comment

Supposed to be icy in the Panhandle beginning Thursday night. I'll be playing it by ear on the hunting. I'm hoping to be able to get out, but it might not be possible.

Comment

No way I would miss this weekend. Best Thanksgiving weather we've had at our ranch in the panhandle in about 4-5 years. Last 2 years it's been in the 70s and 80s most days. Precipitation is supposed to be gone by lunch Saturday so that leaves us with 2 full days of hunting thru Monday lunch. In fairness, spotting rutting mule deer and whitetail out of a truck is not like trekking out to a blind or hill top to sit in it all day.

Comment

getting the boat ready...

Comment

I can sit at home and watch it rain or I can go to the lease and watch it rain...I'm going to the lease!

Comment

Can't fill them tags sitting at the house!

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
                    I'm going because of the forecast! Hopefully we see some of the ice that was originally forecasted.
                    This is exactly how I feel. I look forward to these nasty weather conditions and love the snow. The rut is magical this time of year and anything can happen.

Comment

Out here now since Sunday night... hubby has been here since Saturday am. I'm going home this afternoon to work tomorrow and thursday, then coming back Thursday night after work... I definitely won't melt so I'm hunting!

Comment

We've got our "kids" trip this weekend so it's up in the air for the Carta Valley area. I'll be lookin at the weather all week to see. If it was a big boys trip I'd def be there but that's planned for next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                          I'm going. I don't mind hunting in the rain, it's the wet four wheeler ride that gets me.
                          This is what we use and stay dry on the 4 wheelers . http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...%5E69707527158

Comment

On the way

Comment

For the first time in a while, I haven't given a crap about the weather. I don't go out during Thanksgiving and my wife really likes to cook it up and we usually have family come in from out of town.

Can't say I am sad about it either. Put in a lot of work this year. 3 weekends to finally get my first deer with a recurve during gun opener... followed that up the following weekend with getting my son his first ever deer!

Going to sit home, relax, and devour a few pumpkin pies.... I have so much to be thankful for this season!

Good luck to all you guys/gals this week/weekend. Be safe!

Comment

A hyper-extended knee and this weather forecast does not make for a good hunt scenario for a fatboy. Neither does dragging one out. I'm gonna rest the knee one more week and try to make it down every weekend but Christmas from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                                X