Weekend weather....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend weather....

We have decided not to hunt this weekend due to the weather. Anyone else backing out of weekend hunting trips???

I have no plans of boating to my stand(s)....

Rain rain and more ****ing rain!!!! But I'm still going.

Comment

Yep...it bums me out but I decided to not make the 6hr drive to Throckmorton to watch it rain 4-5". There are no stands so I just stalk hunt. Made the call last night...

Comment

I took this weekend off to go hunting. Rain or no rain!!

Comment

I am still struggling with it. I have gone every year since 1982 on Thanksgiving weekend but really don't want to drive 6 hours to sit in the cabin and watch it rain.............but it is a tradition!!!!

Comment

As of now, I am backing out. I have two options (1 in East Texas and 1 in South Texas).
            Both are looking bad. I am watching closely though.

Comment

I'll be hunting regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                I am still struggling with it. I have gone every year since 1982 on Thanksgiving weekend but really don't want to drive 6 hours to sit in the cabin and watch it rain.............but it is a tradition!!!!
                Doesn't sound like a bad little Saturday. Good luck.

Comment

I canceled my plans to go. I'm more worried about the possibility of icy roads and having a hard time getting home. I could sit all day in a box blind with a rifle, a heater, a thermos full of coffee, and a good book. But a 4.5 hour drive in good conditions could get crappy in a hurry if you add a little ice which is forecasted for the Quanah area where I hunt.

Comment

I'm probably going, but I am ****ing sick of the rain.

Comment

We are gonna hunt it out. Shouldn't be too bad in the Karnes County area. Only calling for some showers Saturday and Sunday. Friday may be a different story, but you can't kill nothin sitting at home, and we have a massive hog problem. You could say I'm pretty mad at them. Also, we are staying for 6 days this time, and Monday-Wednesday don't look that bad. If the weekend is a shutout, we might could see something during the week

Comment

Not going to Rocksprings like we do every Thanksgiving. I will instead be going to Ellinger to see if anything shows there......

Comment

We seem to be in a pattern where the crappy weather always falls on the weekend. Howling 30mph winds last Saturday, heavy rains this Saturday. My lease is only 1 1/2 hours away - I wish I could just up and go when the conditions look good instead of circling weekends months in advance around all the other stuff we have scheduled and hoping for the best.

Comment

It's our Thanksgiving tradition to go.....whole family goes down Thursday and stays till Sunday, we have done this since '81......made the call last night to skip for the first time since we started doing it!

Comment

I am going today and staying till Sunday. We had Thanksgiving this past weekend so going no matter what the weather is. If I get stuck out there I don't see a problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X