Ribeye roll ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribeye roll ups

This is a super easy recipe and something my wife and I came up with for a steak appetizer. First thing is to run to your local china market and buy what they have labeled as sliced ribeye. It could be sliced donkey for i all i know but it's good and it taste like beef so...haha. Start off by sauteing chopped mushrooms, onions and garlic for 5-7min over medium heat. Once your done put them in a bowl and add 1 block of cream cheese, a few tbls of fresh chopped chives and mix it all together. Put the mixture in the freezer and allow it to get really cold. Once the mix is chilled take your thin slices and put a big spoonful in the middle. Roll up to where the filling is completely covered on all sides. Take a hot cast iron pan and sear them for 30sec to 1min on each side. Plate them and serve! These are what jalapeno poppers only wish they could be!
    Attached Files

PETA certified too!!

Comment

Gonna have to try this

Comment

That looks awesome

Comment

lol... ain't buying donkey from the local chinamart to feed anyone.

recipe sounds great, though... I'll try it with blackbuck HQ steak!

Comment

I've heard donkey is pretty good, if it's as good as horse, I'm in. But those roll-ups looks pretty good.

Comment

Looks good. But didn't see Jalapeno in the recipe

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                I've heard donkey is pretty good, if it's as good as horse, I'm in. But those roll-ups looks pretty good.
                I've heard the same thing as well. On some of the curing forums I follow they use horse a lot and say it's really good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                  I've heard the same thing as well. On some of the curing forums I follow they use horse a lot and say it's really good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                  Besides beef and lamb, horse and reindeer are my top two ungulates to eat. I need to get a little fridge and start making some fermented sausages, especially since my Spec's stopped carrying Crespone. Might have to pick your brain sometime about that.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                    Besides beef and lamb, horse and reindeer are my top two ungulates to eat. I need to get a little fridge and start making some fermented sausages, especially since my Spec's stopped carrying Crespone. Might have to pick your brain sometime about that.
                    I have yet to try horse or reindeer but would if given the opportunity. I'll be setting up another chamber soon. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Comment

Looks really good

Comment

If horse is anything like Zebra it should take great! Recipe looks good I will have to try it

Comment

Working...
                        X