Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Love to see more FSC shooters! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love to see more FSC shooters! :)

So we're supposed to be Traditional archery equipment shooters right?

Well, the Traditional First Shot Challenge has been a TRADITION around here for years. Would love to see lots of folks make a little time to try the challenges. I know that I try to make sure that any challenge I call is designed to help "challenge" a particular skill, which will help anyone be a better shooter or hunter. Plus, most of these are lot of fun to try. Just saying, the more the merrier.

Current challenge calls for shooting three balloons. They POP; it's FUN! Now, the challenge behind the pure fun of popping balloons is about target acquisition, because the tie-breaker to merely popping three balloons -- and true to the spirit of the FIRST SHOT CHALLENGE -- is that the first shot is at a hidden dot behind a balloon. So, the shooter has to visualize an aim point -- something like shooting at the off leg of a quartering-away hog -- and shoot through the balloon to hit that unseen spot.

Try it!

By the way, a hidden dot target behind a balloon is automatically going to introduce an element of luck. So, the guy who is the light's-out shot may not win a deal where there is no exact spot in view. Therefore, anyone could win with a decent shot that might be a kill shot in a hunting situation.

Comment

Also, there's nothing to lose. No entry fees, no ridicule, probably some "good shot" remarks, worst case.

Comment

Workin my way through my virgin attempt at arrow tuning. Ive stalled but gonna get it done Tiger.

Then...

Game On.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
          Workin my way through my virgin attempt at arrow tuning. Ive stalled but gonna get it done Tiger.

Then...

Game On.
          Always enjoy your shots and comments, Briar!

Get er done, on the tuning!

In the movie "The Edge", Anthony Hopkins' character says:
          "A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow."

Comment

When I started on this forum some 5 years ago... the tradition of the first shot challenge seemed to be that it died/stopped after several weeks and then was resurrected several months to a year later. In recent memory, this is the longest I have seen it keep going and going, but seemingly with fewer shooters than the first couple/several weeks. Kudos for keeping the game going and good luck on your reboot!

Comment

I need to start shooting it again. Just been busy I guess. I'll try to start getting back in on it!!

Comment

I think it's easy to find other things to do in the spring. Long hunting season over and a backlog of chores. Wet yards and windy days. Sometimes life gets on and some things get left out. I know some of my shooting is just a few arrows before work or while I'm working the grill in the evening.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been sitting out for quite a while. After working all day at my regujob then 3-4 hours every evening and weekends in the bow shop the only shooting I’ve been doing is when I complete and test a bow. I havnt picked up bow to actually shoot for several months.
                  I’ll get back in the swing of things ASAP. We got Chester coming up!! Lol

Comment

Just getting back to Trad so I have just been working basics everyday. I need to give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      When I started on this forum some 5 years ago... the tradition of the first shot challenge seemed to be that it died/stopped after several weeks and then was resurrected several months to a year later. In recent memory, this is the longest I have seen it keep going and going, but seemingly with fewer shooters than the first couple/several weeks. Kudos for keeping the game going and good luck on your reboot!
                      Thanks for the well wishes! Feel free to join in yourself, if you get a minute!

Comment

Working...
                      X