No announcement yet.

Allowing the Turks to take out our allies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call me whatever you want. I am **** tired of American troops dying in the Middle East. They have fought each other since TIME BEGAN and we cannot change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
      Call me whatever you want. I am **** tired of American troops dying in the Middle East. They have fought each other since TIME BEGAN and we cannot change that.
      Then you don't support the new deployment of "thousands of troops" to Saudi Arabia.

Comment

No

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
        Then you don't support the new deployment of "thousands of troops" to Saudi Arabia.
        I don’t. Deploy all the troops you want on OUR BORDERS & SCREW THE MUSLIMS.

Comment

The result of pulling out our troops, besides abandoning an Allie who defeated ISIS, has strengthened the Russians (who are now in our military bases), the Syrians and Assad's Iranians. A minimal force of 1,000 US military supported the Kurds fighting ISIS and kept the Turks, Syria, Iran and Russia in check in the region. With our presence gone, our Kurdish allies and families are being killed, our allies are questioning our commitments and the region is in chaos. So who of you really think this is good for the United States of America?

Comment

Originally posted by TMain View Post
            A minimal force of 1,000 US military supported the Kurds fighting ISIS and kept the Turks, Syria, Iran and Russia in check in the region.
            I dont think this has happened, ever.

Comment

You are correct. We had a great strategy with a win-win solution. Not so much now.

Comment

Originally posted by TMain View Post
                The result of pulling out our troops, besides abandoning an Allie who defeated ISIS, has strengthened the Russians (who are now in our military bases), the Syrians and Assad's Iranians. A minimal force of 1,000 US military supported the Kurds fighting ISIS and kept the Turks, Syria, Iran and Russia in check in the region. With our presence gone, our Kurdish allies and families are being killed, our allies are questioning our commitments and the region is in chaos. So who of you really think this is good for the United States of America?

Me. We aren’t world police. The way Trump pulled out was reckless, but I find it more reckless to occupy the Middle East forever with no plan of leaving. At some point we have to leave and bring our troops home. American citizens do not get to choose how this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ISIS isn't defeated IMO. They have sleeper cells scattered across the globe just waiting for their next act of evil.

Not a fan of they way our troops were pulled out of Syria.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    ISIS isn't defeated IMO. They have sleeper cells scattered across the globe just waiting for their next act of evil.

Not a fan of they way our troops were pulled out of Syria.
                    I couldn't agree more. We are going to fight this fight one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                      Really not a fair question. Iran attacked and is interfering with the worlds oil supply. Some higher up in our military thinks an escalation in these attacks is inevitable, and the USA is going to have address Iran. I think it’s been inevitable for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                        The Kurds are some fighting sons of B. Reading their history has gained a little respect. Even in Syria there are large populations is Christian Kurds. They live right along side the Muslim kurds. No problem and it’s been that way for a long time.

At any rate, this won’t be the first time we’ve backed out of a fight with them. If this was actual values at stake we’d live up to our word. That’s what men do.

You’re correct sir. I helped some injured Christian Kurds during Desert Storm. I hope America never has to get in a ground war with them because those folks would be more then a handful to deal with. So for all you guys saying “screw the muslims”, a LOT of the folks we just turned our back on are believers. And virtually none of the Turks are Christians.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                          You’re correct sir. I helped some injured Christian Kurds during Desert Storm. I hope America never has to get in a ground war with them because those folks would be more then a handful to deal with. So for all you guys saying “screw the muslims”, a LOT of the folks we just turned our back on are believers. And virtually none of the Turks are Christians.

From what I have read and heard, the "Kurds" in Iraq and the Kurds in Syria are vastly different groups... Lots of Christian Kurds in Kurdistan in Iraq. The Syrian Kurds are mostly Muslim and a radical group...

Comment

I am kind of with Slick. But I think the Muslim Kurds are the more tolerant of the Muslims in the region. The fact remains that area is splintered along so many ethic, religious, and tribal sects that it is hard to figure out who the "good guys" are.

To they guys that want us to stay there. At what point do you bring troops home, what is the objective/mission/finish line?

"The KRG admits that its religious tolerance stems from a long history of suffering at the hands of “Islamic brothers.” Both their suffering, as well as their rich history have made Kurds particularly welcoming of other religions. The Kurdish people are not Arabs, but rather historically identify with the Medes, an ancient people described in the Bible"

“This decision is a result of our Kurdish history,” says Mariwan Naquishbandi, spokesman for the KRG’s Ministry of Religious Affairs. “Kurdish Islam is not the Islam of Saudi Arabia or Iran. We have often been made to suffer by those who were our Islamic brothers. It has made us more tolerant, more able to see the good that other religions offer to Kurdish society.”
                            Last edited by batmaninja; 10-16-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X