Allowing the Turks to take out our allies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kurds are our allies?
    The Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) is an armed terrorist organization, listed as such by the United States and the European Union. Founded in 1974 and assuming paramilitary functions in 1984, the Marxist-Leninist and separatist PKK has used violence and terrorism in pursuit of Kurdish secession from the Republic of Turkey. PKK actions and terror tactics have led to tens of thousands of military and civilian deaths over the past decades and have prevented lasting stability in southeastern Turkey.

Seems to me Trump is just getting us back on track and undoing more of Obama's mess. It was pretty obvious that Obama catered to the various muslim groups as he said so himself that he would stand with his muslim brothers.

Comment

Does anyone think for a second that if the Kurds had control they wouldn't be exactly the same as these brutal regimes we just have to protect them against?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
        but left unchecked they will bring the fight back to our door. That’s my worry.
        We can "check" them without boots on the ground.

The Kurds, a people (with some gorgeous badA women). And Israel, a country; are a bit different animals.

What do you propose, red lines in the sand and another apology tour?

Funny how Donald can make the Dems/Libs/media reach so hard to try defend a position they recently opposed.
        Last edited by batmaninja; 10-10-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Y'all are right About Turkeys nuke capabilities. I stand corrected.
          "But I cannot possess missiles with nuclear warheads? I do not accept that," Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            Seems to me Trump is just getting us back on track and undoing more of Obama's mess. It was pretty obvious that Obama catered to the various muslim groups as he said so himself that he would stand with his muslim brothers.
            This statement is a rewording of a passage from page 261 of The Audacity of Hope, in which Barack Obama wrote of the importance of not allowing inflamed public opinion to result in innocent members of immigrant groups being stripped of their rights, denied their due as American citizens, or placed into confinement, as was done with Japanese-American U.S. citizens during World War II. The original contains no specific mention of “Muslims” — Obama was referring to the importance of standing up for and protecting the rights of all immigrants who have become U.S. citizens, and someone altered the wording of the passage to give it a different meaning.
            Last edited by jer_james; 10-10-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              Obama was referring to the importance of standing up for and protecting the rights of all immigrants who have become U.S. citizens, and someone altered the wording of the passage to give it a different meaning.
              But he specifically called out just 2.

Arabs and Paki's.

"All immigrants" wasnt a phase used one time in the paragraph in question.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                But he specifically called out just 2.

Arabs and Paki's.

"All immigrants" wasnt a phase used one time in the paragraph in question.
                In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Keep going ...

Comment

Nah. Mine statement is factual, no need to keep going. You made the statement, that isnt true.

Comment

This probably seals the fate of the Kurds. Probably our best and toughest allies in the region.
                    I listened to a segment on 950am earlier about this situation. They were explaining how this is not the Iraqi type Kurds we befriended years ago. These are Sunni and radical. I am not saying they did not help since they do not like Turks and the Syrian dictator. But, they are opposite from the ones we are accustom to.

Comment

Just because they have fought with some of our soldiers doesn't make them good guys or worthy of our help. These Kurds aren't Pro-freedom, American loving, Harley riding libertarians that just want to be left alone. They are hardlined islamic communists who have a history of murdering and oppressing Christians and other groups in the region for not bowing to their way of life.

Most of these groups crying for us to help them fight brutal regimes just want us to help them become the brutal regime. The issues over there are old and deep and aren't worth any more American lives.

Comment

We were illegally in Syria to begin with. Bring our troops home. The Middle East will never stop fighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another thing people need to think about. Why in the world is it solely OUR responsibility to be there, stabilizing the region when there are plenty of wealthy NATO members much closer with a much higher stake in the game? The people who are most upset by this are the freeloaders, neocons and slime balls like Lindsey Graham who is so alarmed by "abandoning" the Kurds right now that he forgot he argued against helping them in the first place under the last administration due to them being a terrorist organization.
                          Last edited by Clay C; 10-10-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

The Kurds are some fighting sons of B. Reading their history has gained a little respect. Even in Syria there are large populations is Christian Kurds. They live right along side the Muslim kurds. No problem and it’s been that way for a long time.

At any rate, this won’t be the first time we’ve backed out of a fight with them. If this was actual values at stake we’d live up to our word. That’s what men do.

Comment

At any rate, this won’t be the first time we’ve backed out of a fight with them. If this was actual values at stake we’d live up to our word. That’s what men do.
                              You ain't lyin

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/07/...rump-betrayal/

To quote it on why Trump bailed: "the most likely explanation: (d) Trump is president of the United States. Nothing in this world is certain except death, taxes, and America betraying the Kurds."

Comment

How do you get betrayed 8 times (in a life and death situation like war), and not do some self reflection?

As far as I am aware Donald didnt make them any promises. The Dems trying to act like Donny isnt holding to his red line in the sand is absolutely laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X