Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot that I followed your channel last week. Nice Video!!

Comment

Surprise Surprise!!!!! Will post my story tonight if I can or for sure by Sunday!
      Attached Files

Comment

I don’t write much but I will do my best and keep it short.

My name is Jason. I was born in Dallas and grew up in Mesquite where I went to school. My dad got me in the outdoors and hunting growing up. Parents purchased 100 acres in Jack County before I came along and every wknd that is where we would be. Friday’s they would pick me and my sister up early out of school and we would head the ranch. I was introduced to archery fairly early in my life. My dad has an old Bear bow and I can remember always trying to pull it back and maybe moving the string 1/2”. I had a cheap red bow and took off into the woods shooting “AT” many critters or whatever I could find. When I was 14 I can remember going to Big Town Gun Show and that is where I purchased my first hunting bow. Whitetail Special fully rigged and ready to go. I used that thing a lot without ever getting any animals with it.

2004 I graduated and took some of my gift money to upgrade purchasing a Ben Pearson from Cabelas the night before opening day archery. The Cabelas had an indoor range and even though they closed at 9pm that night they allowed me to stay in the range until 10pm getting set at 20yds. The next day I took my first kill shooting a pig and was hooked! From 2004-2015 I shot many pigs but never could get a deer. Had shot opportunities but passed young deer. Fall 2015 I finally connected with my biggest buck on a LIVE thread here on TBH. Since then I have taken a couple more. Now that I had tagged a few deer with a compound I wanted more of a challenge.

I attended an LSBA banquet a couple years ago and while I was there Bob Sarrels had a booth set up with a few bows. I also met Bisch and Buff who I have always enjoyed following hunts here. I took a look at Bobs bows and he asked if I wanted to shoot one. We walked out back and immediately I was attached to a Blueridge bow he had. We shot a few arrows before the award ceremony started and the night ended quickly. At the time I didn’t have the funds to float towards a Trad Bow so all I could do was keep dreaming.

Last summer I was searching the classifieds and found a Sarrels Superstition for $200 and jumped on it. Shot it a few times and even took it to the field on a couple sits. Couple months later I picked up a tackle box full of Trad gear for cheap and now I am all set up. I’ve been shooting religiously for the last 2 months hoping this season I can connect on my first Trad deer. I have the opportunity to hunt 2 160”-170” bucks and 1 I feel pretty comfortable getting a 15-20 yd shot opportunity. He is a regular at one of the setups so hopefully I can add a kill with a Sacagawea to end my time with her opening wknd. I will make a few pig hunts over the next couple wks leading up to season as well.

Feels great to have this bow in my possession knowing who all has had it and the journey it has been on! I’ll update as much as possible. I took 12 shots just a few minutes ago. Unbelievable how smooth and quiet this bow shoots. Groups are currently 4” with an occasional drifter 5”-6” but I feel comfortable with it.

Comment

15 yds feels good!
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice write up. Hope you bloody her good.

Gary

Comment

Great write up Jason!!! Good luck with her!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good write-up Jason. Hope you have a good visit with Sac.

Comment

Nice Write up. Can't wait to see the TLDPs !!!!

Comment

Last 3 months pigs have been coming in 12am-4am. This evening they showed up 7:21pm!!! Give them a couple days to see if it’s a pattern. If so Sacagawea may be eating this week.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      15 yds feels good!
                      Haha.. Awesome.. I never shot a arrow over 12 yards with her

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                        Haha.. Awesome.. I never shot a arrow over 12 yards with her
                        I did some 20 this evening. Can’t believe how smooth this bow shoots. I did have a couple arrows fly sideways like yours did in the pic you posted. I noticed my fingers were rolling the string a little.

Comment

First sit with Sacagawea! See if piggies or bobcat want to play.
                          Attached Files

Comment

First sit was a success! 14 yd Thumper
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good shot!

Gary

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Working...
                                X