KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
    this will be turned 90 deg. from the way the RV was? And I would add a window to the back wall
    Yep. Front door will be facing to the right. Back of building won't have much view (utility pole, well house, etc.). Will be adding a small window to the bathroom.

Comment

Looking forward to pics if the build.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats just about what we did (no bath). I had a 12x20 built. I can say once you add a queen bed and set of bunks theres not a lot of extra room but its not cramped. We have a fold out cot for one more now and then.

My shell was 2200 with two windows and a door. I wired, insulated and trimmed it. I keep saying Im going to insulate the floor under and havent done it. Only one weekend was it an issue this year. 15000 BTU ac is plenty at night and we have an electric heater that once it gets warmed up wont run all night

Comment

That'll be a nice building once you get it finished. What is you plan for beds? Maybe put a 4th light fixture between the bathroom and the window, could that be used for a table?

I think you should name it Squad Bay and keep a metal trash around for an alarm clock.

Comment

Squad bay sounds perfect. Running to Huntsville right now for plumbing supplies. Gotta move my dang waterline about 5 feet so it's not under the cabin

Last edited by Chew; 02-18-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I really need a truck. Pvc sticking 3 feet out the window

Comment

I had 1" stuff and fittings....and stuff

Comment

Using 3/4 stuff. Decided to tee off a new line for mommas garden. Will run that later. Forgot to take pics of finished project

I ran a pipe up off the 90, shutoff valve, then another tee for a faucet and for line in to cabin

Comment

Well....kind of got into with the cabin builder and now I'm going a different route. Not sure why people can't keep their word. Found a bigger one for less money (16x20). Hopefully get it done soon.

Comment

Hope you up & rolling soon.

Comment

Looks like friday March 10th they will be there. Hope I can find the cash that I hid so nobody would steal it. That was half the shed money. Dang I'm getting CRS.

The upgraded gable building has some good features:

Upgraded Premium Shed

4"x8"x16" concrete blocks
                        4x4 treated runners
                        2x6 pressure treated floor boist 16" on center
                        3/4 floor
                        2x4 wall studs 16" on center
                        50 year smart panel siding
                        1x4 pressure treated trim
                        raflers 24" ac.
                        1/2 osb radiant tecShield barrier roof decking
                        25 year 1 grade shingles
                        metal dripage
                        15 felt paper
                        5x6 double heavy duty doors with hinges
                        zinc coated hasp
                        1'4' ridgevent

We are adding 3 windows, solid door (instead of wood/barn door), and they are going to frame off a 7x7 room inside that will be our bathroom/shower.

Comment

That sounds pretty cool!

Hope ya find the money too. I buried some gold corn one time, out on a beach. Hogs came by and dug it all up. Spent all their time partying at my expense!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            That sounds pretty cool!

Hope ya find the money too. I buried some gold corn one time, out on a beach. Hogs came by and dug it all up. Spent all their time partying at my expense!
                            I found the money! Uncle Ben was hiding it from me in the cabinet.

Comment

Had a rainy day yesterday and this morning. Trying to upload pics.

Dang sideways pics. Got mamma a faucet and me a capped off Tee for future use. Cabin gets here Friday!

Marking my corner spots for the builders. 16x20 is the final product that we decided on.

Big ol' hog been walking behind my other cabin and parking area.

Had a hog in the trap and he was able to get the door open. Need to upgrade my door system. I'll post trailcam pics of the trap in a minute.

My favorite place....

Plumbing goes easier with plumbing fluid!

Last edited by Chew; 03-05-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]844263[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]844264[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]844265[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]844266[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]844267[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]844268[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]844269[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]844270[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X