• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
    You work for enterprise?
    sure do

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      My Dad just got laid off in the Permian area. Im praying he gets out of O&G and moves to something stable. I don't see how you guys deal with this stuff.
      My dad worked for Halliburton for almost 40 years so I “grew up” thinking that working in the patch was a good way to have a good life and provide for the future family.

After college my dad begged me not to work for Halliburton, so I went to the manufacturing side for downhole tools for a privately owned company in 2014.

I always wanted to work in the oilfield like my dad did, and now that I’m part of it, I do wish I would have had a different mindset growing up!

All things equal, when it’s good I don’t know if there’s a better industry to be in. Folks are for the most part my type of people (hunting, fishing, golf) and there’s money to be made (and saved)

But when it’s bad... well you know the rest.

Maybe we are all just gluttons for punishment? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by tribute06 View Post
        sure do
        What do you do Bud?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
          What do you do Bud?

Day operator. Permitting all the major projects and construction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Little investor ran company I work for in WV shut down for 4th Qtr but should be back at it for the 2020. Guess I’ll hunt for a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like these booms are getting shorter and shorter. More like a fart. This one sure didn't last long at all. Barely even noticed it in deep water.

Comment

I was laid off on the 16th. I was on midstream projects.

Comment

Well I’m feeling a slow down now in the equipment moving business.

Comment

Still drilling ahead in west Texas. The rig I’m on didn’t get stacked during the slow down in 14-15 so hopefully we will be good and keep drilling on. Just finished a 5 Well Pad and moved to a 3 so we at least got a couple more months

Comment

Rig count has dropped for sure and know of some more coming down but all have plans of coming back online first of the year. I think too many got ahead of themselves this year. We have actually been picking up work but don't expect it to keep up through the end of the year.

Comment

Somehow I have had a big bump the last 5 weeks ( machine shop ) and taking all I can get. Been working 7 days/week hoping to save some cash. Hearing from multiple sources last qtr will be slow.

Comment

I’m expecting lay offs on my end.

My customers are all slow unless they’re working on a new project for Q1, but regardless, ITS THE SALES TEAMS FAULT! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            Somehow I have had a big bump the last 5 weeks ( machine shop ) and taking all I can get. Been working 7 days/week hoping to save some cash. Hearing from multiple sources last qtr will be slow.
                            Mike -

Are you machining motor parts?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post

Glad you got the 3rd qtr bump! I’m convinced 4th qtr is going to be slow but so far my customers keep sending PO’s and one old customer came back this week so I’m hopeful.

Comment

We just finished the first well on a new project for a new operator. 19 day well when they previously averaged 47 days per well. We have a lot of room to improve on 19 days, but the CEO made a rig visit and was very pleased. He said this rig has guaranteed work until Dec 2020 and they’re picking up 3 more rigs. Things can go south in a hurry but for the foreseeable future we’ee doing alright.

Comment

Working...
                                X