Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
    I am in the pipeline business and we are booming...we cant get enough pipe in the ground...
    I’m sure ya are, it’s all clogged up in the Permian and y’all need to build ways to get it out!

There’s wells out there ready to be pulled from waiting on ya!

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
      I am in the pipeline business and we are booming...we cant get enough pipe in the ground...
      I have been in upstream my entire career, do you have any advice for someone looking to transfer over to a midstream role? Something a little more stable? All of my experience is in downhole tools and frac equipment.

Comment

Dc78--Sent you a PM

Comment

It may be slow but I guarantee when all the infrastructure is complete to support the several offshore loading platforms it will be a boom like no other. Were in the process of adding storage and in and out capabilities at work now. New pipeline from midland being built. Gonna get wild middle of next year
          Last edited by tribute06; 08-22-2019, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tribute06 View Post
            It may be slow but I guarantee when all the infrastructure is complete to support the several offshore loading platforms it will be a boom like no other. Were in the process of adding storage and in and out capabilities at work now. New pipeline from midland being built. Gonna get wild middle of next year
            I hope your speculation is true, for all involved. Just hope that a lot of us can make it that far with the doors open.

Comment

I expect a decent slow down before a wild boom of any kind. We already don’t need all we are producing now.

Comment

You work for enterprise?

Comment

I’m in the Barnett pumping wells. I have close to 80 wells on my route. I stay busy.

Comment

Bringing a pipeline from Wichita Falls to Katy.

Comment

My Dad just got laid off in the Permian area. Im praying he gets out of O&G and moves to something stable. I don't see how you guys deal with this stuff.

Comment

Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                        My Dad just got laid off in the Permian area. Im praying he gets out of O&G and moves to something stable. I don't see how you guys deal with this stuff.

You start doing it and before you know it, you have 10-20 years invested into it.

In 2016-2017 I was looking for a different career path and I couldn’t get as much as a call back after putting in countless resumes and applications. This was with about 17 years of product development engineering and product development management for down hole tools with two major companies. Many times you pigeon hole yourself into an industry but what I saw was other companies have incredible bias towards people in upstream roles.
                        Last edited by kyle1974; 08-24-2019, 06:21 AM.

Comment

I had my driveway re sealed yesterday. One of the guys doing it works for HP, I asked what in the he** are you doing driveways for? He told me they are stacking rigs, and it is slowing down, so he was doing a little side work for beer money. He works Cuero, Gonzales areas.

Comment

I think it’s going to turn around with in the next 18-24 months. My buddy is in Singapore. He is a sub sea pipeline engineer they are building a massive rig that will be off the coast of corpus

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

I hate to hear that. Been in the oilfield since out of high school. Very stressful but it’s all I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                                Market is going to soften up big time in Q4 but we are forecasting a strong Q1 in 2020. All of the big E&P companies blew their wads early this year and just don’t have the capital to drill or frac many more wells in Q4. Almost everyone in the Permian is stacking rigs and cutting frac crews. Oh well, more time for hunting and less time for work this winter!

This is what my customers are expecting. I’m solid through Q-3 but I’m preparing for a slow Q-4

Comment

Working...
                                X