No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had luck using Mock Scrapes in the area?

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
      Has anyone had luck using Mock Scrapes in the area?

Tried them several times over the past few years B G with no significant impact that I could see. (I may not be doing it quite right or in the right places though)

Have had better luck using scent wicks that I put out when I first get into the stand and remove when I leave.

Comment

I'm going to experiment with doing a couple of them and see what happens. Never tried them before and had researching them over the past few weeks. I like the idea of them for areas where I don't want to put feeders.

Comment

We lost another feeder this past month. Have a bear on video walking towards the feeder with a hog under the feeder. Don't know what happened after that as it was only a 10 second clip. Next video is more that 12 hours later and the feeder is on the ground with sections of legs everywhere. Would have liked to have seen what happened with the bear walking up to the hog but the stealth cam didn't think it important or it was just out of trigger range.

Last edited by B G; 09-07-2015, 05:41 PM.

Comment

And another one bites the dust. Sorry to see that BG.

Are you sure that's a pig under the feeder? Could it be a cub? I ask because I can't imagine a hog letting a bear get that close.

Comment

And another one bites the dust. Sorry to see that BG.

Are you sure that's a pig under the feeder? Could it be a cub? I ask because I can't imagine a hog letting a bear get that close.

Comment

It's a pig. I've watched that video enough. Large ears, long swishy tail, mud line almost to his back. I was amazed that the bear got that close to him also. I've got picks of them running when a bear comes out of the woods.

Last edited by B G; 09-07-2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Very cool. Never would have thought. Two annoying species eating your corn. I have the same.

Comment

Here is the video Booner.

Comment

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Shouldn't you be working BG and not playing on the interwebs?

Comment

Maybe if this shift would arrest someone I would be.

Comment

Yessir. I see what you are talking about. Unreal.

Looks like a fair size bear as well. Thanks for posting the video.

Comment

i checked my cameras yesterday and found a bear has taken up residency on my land for past three day in near Cloudy. Didn't know they came down that far from the hills.......
                            Last edited by kva393; 09-08-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
                              i checked my cameras yesterday and found a bear has taken up residency on my land for past three day in near Cloudy. Didn't know they came down that far from the hills.......

They are all over our place now. 15 years ago it was a big deal to get one on camera. Now it's commonplace.

We are going to have to start thinking them!

Comment

Thinning. Thinning I say.

Comment

Working...
                                X